Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Kenwood SP-120 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood SP-120
Kenwood SP-120 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The Kenwood SP-120 matches the TS-120S and TS-130S. It features a 2.9 inch 8 ohm speaker.
Frequency response is 300 to 5000 Hz. 4.9 x 3.8 x 9.4 inches

You can write your own review of the Kenwood SP-120.

PE1IOC Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2008 03:06 Send this review to a friend
Not so good as my 901  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got mine through Ebay for about 60 Euro's
Should replace my Yaesu SP 901 speaker, running with my Realistic Pro 2006
What a disapointment. The Kenwood sounds like some one put a cloth over it. A kind of 'mumphy' sound and not so clear audio as the Yaesu. Not a keeper in my shack !

73's from the Netherlands,

Tjerk
PE 1 IOC

VR2XMQ Rating: 2/5 Jul 15, 2008 06:23 Send this review to a friend
Very basic, sound is dull  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of these speakers for many years, it is very basic, bare bones. The sound produced is better then stock speakers inside transceivers but still lacks alot to be desired. Very dull and un-interesting sound reproduction.

Second hand prices for this item are overated. Alot more options with better sound quality for the price.

I use mine with my Argosy II beecause it is the same height and will match up quite well.

Steve, VR2XMQ

W7SPK Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2007 00:22 Send this review to a friend
Sounds much better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just a bare bones speaker in a cabinet that matches the TS-120 series. Found mine on eBay for $70 w/free shipping. Sounds better than the internal speaker plus looks cool next to my rig. Even has the same fold down bar like the tranceiver. I've got the external VFO-120 that matches too so all three look good together.
Has two set screws that a basic mono speaker wire can connect to on the back. Not powered, no filters, very simple but an improvement over the stock speaker on the TS-120.

Sean Kelly W7SPK