Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Ten-Tec Delta/Delta II Help

Reviews Summary for Ten-Tec Delta/Delta II
Ten-Tec Delta/Delta II Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1400.00
Description: 100 watt HF transceiver with general coverage receive
More info: http://home.amexol.net/~talkradio/delta2_4.jpg

You can write your own review of the Ten-Tec Delta/Delta II.

KO4DT Rating: 4/5 Jan 5, 2002 16:53 Send this review to a friend
A Nice Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my Delta II from a junk dealer and surprise----it only took 100 bucks to overhaul it and bring it up to snuff. The greatest thing about it is the Jones filter. The keypad and the display backlight are the worst things about this rig. I've worked the world with it at 50 watts and can usually work what I hear with my verticaL. Speaker output is nice. A good rig, but not an exciting one.

VE3EFJ Rating: 3/5 Sep 10, 2001 00:16 Send this review to a friend
OK Radio;Incomplete execution  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I remember reading the QST review of this radio. It was probably one of the worst done reviews I can remember. This radio did not deserve the way QST wrote about it. I rate this radio a 3. This rating means 'OK', and thats what it is - an OK HF transceiver. The radio does all that is asked of it, and its quite well made. The IF/Shift - Bandwidth Jones filter was quite innovative and effective. SSB audio was good, and the speech compressor works really well. However, the AGC isn't quite right (it hangs forever at the S4 level), and I detested the top mounted switches. This radio has keypad entry, but the layout makes it all but unuseable. I see no reason why Ten Tec could not of deployed a proper keypad layout. I am sure it QSK's well. In the end, its an innovative radio for its day and as a basic HF radio its OK. The point is that it could of been better than it was with but a bit more time at the prototype stage.