Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems WCST7 Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems WCST7
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $49.00
Description: Cloning/programming software for the Icom IC-T7 family of HTs.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com

You can write your own review of the RT Systems WCST7.

WA4SCA Rating: 4/5 Jul 10, 2008 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Bugs fixed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Since I wrote the initial review, there have been numerous updates, but after the first dozen or so, none of which fixed the problems, I stopped checking. Recently, I needed to change the programming of my rig, downloaded the latest patches, and it was almost working. The 70 cm glitch was fixed, and the 2 meter glitch had progressed to the point where it was storing the VFO repeater offset as 6.0 MHz rather than .6 MHz. A note to tech support, and an updated version was available the next day. Works perfectly now. So the software is a 5, tech support a 3, and an average of 4.

WA4SCA Rating: 4/5 Dec 22, 2007 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Works well, but some bugs.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The hardware consists of a serial port to rig cable, and an optional USB to serial port dongle. Both are excellent quality. I have tried the dongle with every piece of hardware and software I have, and it is the only one which always works perfectly. I suspect I will order a couple more for general use.

The software in general works well, and enabled me to organize my memory, VFO, and Call channels easily. It does have one defect. When downloading to the rig, it writes garbage to the default repeater offsets used in the VFO modes instead of the values selected in the program. Typically 14 MHz on 2 meters, and 47 MHz on 70 cms. It takes about a minute, with some practice, to reset them using the rig menus to 600 KHz and 5 MHz. It is rather disappointing that this bug persists after several software updates, and my reports to RT Systems.

Still, it does much more right than wrong, and has been extremely useful.