Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | SLINKY HF DX Dipole 10-80 BLUE POWDER COATED Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for SLINKY HF DX Dipole 10-80 BLUE POWDER COATED Antenna
SLINKY HF DX Dipole 10-80 BLUE POWDER COATED Antenna Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$26.95 +$8.50 ship
Description: A standard Slinky coil resonates as a quarter wave between 7 and 8 MHz when it is stretched to lengths between 5 and 15 feet. To tune the Slinky within that range all you need to do is stretch the coil to approximate size, then expand or contract it to reach the resonant frequency you're looking for. In some installation a tuner may be needed for some of the bands. The antenna works great without a tuner on 40 thru 6 meters and even on 2 meters and also works 80 with a tuner.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the SLINKY HF DX Dipole 10-80 BLUE POWDER COATED Antenna.

KH6DAN Rating: 3/5 Apr 25, 2008 00:19 Send this review to a friend
Not too bad really  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Decided to try one of these last year. Made a DX CW contact on 15 meters right away. Performance seems to increase with length. I didn't do very well on 40M with it. I found the "workmanship" to be pretty good for the money. However, for me I need stealth. The coiling of the slinky kind of says "LOOK AT ME" when the sun hits it. If you have limited space and are not trying too hard to hide your antenna, then I think it's a pretty good dipole. I'm not sure you could make a slinky antenna much cheaper than you could buy theirs. I will stick to my own home brew dipoles though for my applications. 73.