Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | CQRLOG for Linux Help

Reviews Summary for CQRLOG for Linux
CQRLOG for Linux Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $0 - free
Description: CQRLOG is an advanced ham radio logger based on MySQL database. Provides radio control based on hamlib libraries (currently support of 140+ radio types and models), DX cluster connection, online callbook, a grayliner, internal QSL manager database support and a most accurate country resolution algorithm based on country tables developed by OK1RR. CQRLOG is intended for daily general logging of HF, CW & SSB contacts and strongly focused on easy operation and maintenance.
More info: http://cqrlog.com/

You can write your own review of the CQRLOG for Linux.

AA3EJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2016 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Logger...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been testing Windows and Linux loggers for years and have dumped Windows a few years back as being too bloated and slow, etc.. and installed several different kinds of linux distributions. I prefer the Ubuntu distributions with the XFCE interface as it is the most responsive and runs the hardware more efficiently. Installed CWRlog latest version and using Petr's script on his web site, installed the logger flawlessly. It is a fantastic general purpose logger which is available to all. I would highly recommend this graphic logger. Thanks Petr and Martin for a Professional grade logger!!, 73's Dave,aa3ej

M0DRH Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2015 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for Day to Day use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Been using Linux now for just @ 18 months.
Linux Lite, an almost Win XP like distro.

cqrlog is an excelent Logbook for day to day use.
Maybe a few features missing for contests/DXepiditions users,
but ay, it's under active development, and open to suggestions.

IK0DWJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2014 06:42 Send this review to a friend
One of the best and most comprehensive logging programs  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Cqrlog is one of the best and most comprehensive logging programs for radio amateurs. I am using it with great satisfaction on a debian testing (jessie). Some of my colleagues OM, windows users, are envious because I use cqrlog, when they, to achieve the same performaces, are forced to use privative software.
Thank you Petr and Martin its authors and developers, cqrlog you give us is really an excellent free software. Another equally important prerogative of cqrlog is that Petr listen to the desires of its users with regular updates, sacrificing his time with ham spririt. Petr, what you're doing for us OM is invaluable, personally I will try, in my limits, to give you some small satisfaction concrete, not only in words, with regular donations.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Log but not for contest  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent general purpose logging software. I wish it had also the features of N1MM contest software. For contest I use Xlog. With both CQRLOG and Xlog you can key the transitter via cwdaemon.

W9AL Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Best Linux Logger So Far!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using Linux off and on for about two years. With windows the best has been HRD and not having a linux version I had to change to windows all the time to DX, But now I can just use Linux with CQRLOG It's GREAT. I just wish I knew linux better so I can completely use CQRLOG and all it's great programs.

SQ5LTL Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2013 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've tried a lot of logging software. More in MS Windows.
In my opinion it is good to have a linux system, only to have CQRLOG. This program is very intuitive, fast, express support. Nowhere else you will not find anything like this.
I highly recommend to work with Ubuntu (32 bit) LTS

PA3GOS Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2013 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
Through the years I've been using quite a bunch of loggers. Some of them rather expensive. Since switching to Linux, about two years ago, I needed a Linux logger. In my search I stumbled upon CQRLog. I immediately liked it and it has become better and better. The current version (1.6.1) is rock solid. In short: if you are searching for a Linux logger for your daily logging and serious DX-ing, stop now because this is it! Supports LotW, eQSL, HAMqth.com, QRZ.com, Radio control, Rotor control and so on.
Also, on the CQRLog site you will find an active forum where, if you ever need it, you will find help, news and more.

MM0AMV Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2013 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Linux Logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
Two years down the track and I cannot fault this logger. I have used it under PCLinux, Ubuntu and now Kubuntu 64Bit and it just works.
Integration with Fldigi is excellent, and support from the authors is first class.
Highly recommended.

Wallace MM0AMV

K8WDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 02:47 Send this review to a friend
After 1 year  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just wanted to give my 1 year review. I see some have had trouble, this is due to the distro not the program, I had some problems as well, but once I found a distro that would run it all has been good, and it did not take long, may be issues with hardware and the disrto, not sure. Anyway, I have tried all of them for a period of time and I like CQRlog the best, this is my opinion, to list a few DXlabs, good, but not for me, HRD, well talk about bugs, maybe the new owners will fix it, although at what cost to you!, CQRlog, just works for me, the details window is great, put in a call into the logger and the details will tell you if you need that QSO for a QSL, for CQ zone, ITU Zone, IOTA etc. I like that, the DX cluster works nice not a bunch of usless info,and the Xplanet is nice as well lists the spots on a adjustable world globe, the awards section is great and the filtering is fantastic no hoops to go through to find out what stations I worked in a particular state. and CQRlog supports SQL filtering not sure how to do that yet, I haven't need it yet.
CQRlog is always being improved, Its LOTW integration is one of the best, so simple, to use and set up, when you do a download it tells you what new ones you got including mode band etc, uploads one click of a mouse, it finds the ones that have not been uploaded and sends them off. nice, the next update will include EQSL support as well, looking foward to that, should be out this month, as I am typing this,
The integration with Fldigi is great as well, this is what I consider to be the best Digi program out there, and it supports free look ups through HamQTH.
All in all I think in my opinion that this is one of the better loggers out there, does what I need it to do, with out a 400 page online manual, I got it up and running in no time, and now can focus on the 180 page manual for my rig.
BTW Peter is also the creator of HamQTH so yes you guessed it this is integrated into the program, no more QRZ screw ups, because they decided to change something, While this software is free as are the look ups, through HamQTH, If you decide to use the program please buy Peter a cup of coffee, he needs it with all the hard work he puts into these two programs.
Oh yea it also supports QRZ lookups which is broken right now but no big deal with HamQTH available, all is good, QRZ lookups should be fixed with the next update.
To bad for all those windows users.....
Tom, K8WDX

WC5B Rating: 1/5 Oct 19, 2011 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Great looking, but unstable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It looks like it would do everything I could ever need. In my longest time allowed (about 10 mins) before crashing again, it seemed to be very nice in how it interfaced with LOTW and the DX Cluster. Unfortunately its VERY unstable. Not sure if its related just to newer distro's or not. Want to change log name? Locked up. Want to make a new log? Locked up. Accidentally put in two periods in a frequency? Crash to desktop. Want to restart and try again. How about bring that DX Cluster back up. Nope, sorry, Locked up. Its a shame, because it looks like if it was stable that it would be better then just about any log out there, linux or win. Paid or opensource.