Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | MFJ-207 Antenna Analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-207 Antenna Analyzer
MFJ-207 Antenna Analyzer Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: HF 10-160m SWR Analyzer 5 bands, Has SWR Meter, band switch, and tuning knob. Powered by 9V battery or 12V external power.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-207 Antenna Analyzer.

KF4HPY Rating: 4/5 Dec 31, 2007 19:15 Send this review to a friend
It does the job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second MFJ-207. Some one borrowed the first and I had to buy another. I liked the smaller size for disaster relief work. The first time I used it was on a mobile radio setup. The guys had been trying to tune a whip antenna for some time. I asked to try my MFJ-207; five minutes later we had completed the tuning. I have a MFJ-259 and used the 207 in the same manner. However, the 207's I have had, had a quirk. The tuning knob and the dial in no way come close to reading the frequencies correctly. So one must set the radio to the freq. then scan the band with the analyzer tuning knob until you hear the analyzer signal on the radio and note the dial setting for that band on the analyzer. Now you can tune the tuner. To find the resonance of the antenna look for the dip in SWR, and tune the radio until you hear the 207's signal; that is the resonant point. The first 207, needed only to relocate the tuning knob to set the pointer nearer to the correct spot on the dial; all the readings were then closer. The second 207 was off on all the bands and relocating would not take care of the dial problem. So I just learned the approximate locations on the dial and let it go. Works fine if the dial quirk doesn't bother you. Also on both 207's the meter needle slammed into the stop on power up. I found the recessed pot (lower left) and reset to peak on the red scale. Barring the quirks; I found myself favoring the use of the 207 as it is accurate, quick and the battery seems to last forever; the smaller size is a plus also. I carry it to disasters as someone always needs help in tuning up.