Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A
N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A Reviews: 28 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $see website for prices
Description: The ZN-9A, like the ZN-8A has a total of 6 ball bearings, 3 per lever arm. The base is 2 3/4" x 3" and has a beveled edge.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A.

AF1N Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2014 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of technology and art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received this fine device two weeks ago and it is just what everyone has said. Easily adjusted, and stays at the spacing as well as heavy enough to stay put on the desk. Effortless CW and much more capable than my fist.

W9ATB Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2013 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had my key for a week and have made numerous contacts. I made one very minor adjustment on the spacing, other than that it was good to go right out of the box. I have owned several other expensive keys and Tony's key is head and shoulders above the rest. Tony is a pleasure to deal with and keeps you updated by email on your purchase. If you are into cw and want a fine precision instrument you will be more than pleased with one of Tony's keys.

M0XIG Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2013 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this model last year after trying Begali keys, but this key suits me better. I like the small footprint; its looks, and its feel. I find it a very sensitive and smooth key and it is now my key of choice - so much so I have just bought another!

W4II Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2012 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent....  Time owned: months
I just received my ZN-9A Dual Iambic Paddle in the Ironman Finish. It's a beauty, and performs very well; no issues with it moving around on the desk. Using the close contact spacing I prefer, there is no noise. I opted for the 1/2 inch OTO, and it suits me fine.

I immediately noticed the difference between the ZN and my current paddle; no more character bounce. The fine adjustment capability allows for effortless "fine tuning" of both the contacts and magnet tension.

Tony's communication technique/format is superb.

I have never complained about the cost of product or services provided by a true craftsmen. Their pride shows and Tony is a fine example.

The name or callsign plate can be removed or replaced by the user. It is installed using SS button head screws using a hex drive.

My paddle arrived ahead of schedule, with packaging that would survive a 10K foot drop.

73 John W4II

K6LEN Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2012 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Balanced and Beautiful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the many reviews and raves from other hams who own or have used N3ZN paddles, I decided to take the plunge! I contacted Tony via E-mail to see what the waiting time would be for a ZN-9A. After returning home from successful shows in Dayton and Orlando, only two 9A's were available, both in black. I asked Tony if he could modify one for me with the brass bearing cover, and he said no problem. I received my custom paddle in a little over a week, and I am very impressed. The compact size and balance of this paddle is amazing. The 2 lb base weight coupled with the 4 rubber shock mounts on the bottom insure solid stability. And the feeling of the arms and paddles is smooth and precise. I am very impressed! I own or have owned many beautiful/well designed paddles including Begali, Schurr, March, and Brown Brothers, and all have their own great personalities and features. However, this little ZN-9A will be my "Go to" paddle as it emodies all of the features and satisfaction I look for in a CW key. Tony is great to deal with, and this paddle was shipped double boxed surrounded with bubble wrap and foam. I'm sure you would be equally impressed. P.S. I have not received any spcial compensation for this rave review!!

ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 10:51 Send this review to a friend
SECOND TO NONE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my new ZN9 IRONMAN last week and again this confirms what i wrote in my previous review of the ZN5A ; there are no superlatives enough to deccribe Tony's products. This key makes me enjoying CW for hours . You can check my page on QRZ.CO ON8VP , both the ZN9A Ironman and the ZN5A. After having worked Bencher, Begali, Shurr i can say there is no one who comes close to them in any aspect of playing with this beauty.
Keep on surprising us Tony!
Peter

N7AG Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2012 19:09 Send this review to a friend
gooder & gooder  Time owned: more than 12 months
aN UP-DATE= after several years, just love this key!

K4YND Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Stunning!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the best Ham radio purchase I have ever made.
The service was great. Tony sent me a picture of the key he was making for me. It was done early. It arrived in one day in a very professional package.

It is a perfect size and can be adjusted however you need it. It will not budge once you heft it onto your desk.

Im a 17-20 wpm Operator so I will never get to put it through it paces, but I sure enjoy the effortless keying. The operation is silky smooth.

K4YND

K1AJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2011 16:03 Send this review to a friend
It's a keeper!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have many different CW paddles and generally rotate them in and out of service. Sometimes I'll have a couple running side by side.

I purchased this ZN-9A at the Dayton Hamvention in May of 2010 and I've been using it almost exclusively since. I run it through an old Logikey keyer that keys my relatively new K3 transceiver. I don't have a heavy hand so this paddle stays put on the desktop. Love everything about the paddle. It doesn't go out of adjustment, it's easy to adjust and just feels great.

WA2QIN Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2011 18:45 Send this review to a friend
perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I have tried a few straight keys, paddles, Bencher, Vibroplex, Kent etc. I have always wanted to try the N3ZN key. Well let me tell you I should have gotten this one first time around. I would have saved a lot of money and aggravation. This Tony guy is a real gentleman and straight shooter. No bull #$%^ from him. What he says you can take it to the bank of your choice. This key is fantastic is all I can say. I am lucky to copy, 20 words a minute. See I am only a novice and a smart one now I have a Tony Key. Oh no need to buy an Italian key, they are fine keys, but Tony is in the USA and his are just as good. So you guys and gals if you are looking for a real key, give Tony a call.

WA2QIN