Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A
N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A Reviews: 29 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $see website for prices
Description: The ZN-9A, like the ZN-8A has a total of 6 ball bearings, 3 per lever arm. The base is 2 3/4" x 3" and has a beveled edge.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZNKEYS Model ZN-9A.

WA2QIN Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2011 18:45 Send this review to a friend
perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I have tried a few straight keys, paddles, Bencher, Vibroplex, Kent etc. I have always wanted to try the N3ZN key. Well let me tell you I should have gotten this one first time around. I would have saved a lot of money and aggravation. This Tony guy is a real gentleman and straight shooter. No bull #$%^ from him. What he says you can take it to the bank of your choice. This key is fantastic is all I can say. I am lucky to copy, 20 words a minute. See I am only a novice and a smart one now I have a Tony Key. Oh no need to buy an Italian key, they are fine keys, but Tony is in the USA and his are just as good. So you guys and gals if you are looking for a real key, give Tony a call.

WA2QIN

KL7CW Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2011 17:20 Send this review to a friend
the ZN-9A is a great key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my paddle in less than the estimated time. The key has been in use for 2 months, and quickly established itself as my favorite. It is easy to adjust, and tolerates my moderately heavy handed fist without flying all over the desk. It is a beautiful and functional work of art.

PA3DEB Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2011 01:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent key!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After having used a Kent Dual Paddle for some 25 years, I decided to treat myself to a new key. Based on reviews here and talking with friends I opted for a ZN-9A all black key. I wasn't disappointed, the key arrived on schedule and it is a joy to use it, very precise and the lightest movement I ever experienced. Also tried Begali Magnetic Pro and several other types, but the ZN-9A beats them all.
However, after a few weeks of almost daily use, some of the black paint on the top bearing plate chipped off. I wrote an email to Tony, we discussed the matter and Tony sent me a brandnew bearing plate at no extra cost! That's what I call after-sales service! Thanks very much, Tony!
Still using the key every day!

IK4VFD Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2011 09:37 Send this review to a friend
my favorite  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought this great key, fast shipping, I chose black version, very solid key suitable for both novice and the lover (like me) of high speed, excellent finishes and fingerpieces very hot to the touch and fantastic.
I had a lot of paddle but certainly this is my favorite high recommended

Rudy IK4VFD

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2010 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used the Bencher BY-2 for probably twenty years. The ZN-9A is just a great paddle. I never knew sending CW could be so easy and effortless. Definitely my mode of choice and with the addition of the ZN-9A, even more pleasurable. Tony was great, delivery in two days and this prize paddle has exceeded my expectations. 73, Bob K3UL

N4FSC Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2010 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Just Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a solid 5.0 rating! Tony was great to deal with and the key is just wonderful and all I expected it to be. I did many hours of research and reading before I choose this key and have to say it paid off in spades. I have some mechanical design and machine tool experience and this passes my inspection with flying colors. Each paddle has three sealed bearings, which is over design! The adjustment range is smooth, positive and very wide. The base on this smaller model is plenty heavy and will not move unless you are really slapping it around to the point of abuse (and probably not even then). To use, it feels like dancing on crisp air with not a single undesirable characteristic :-)

K8ALM Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2010 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Work of art  Time owned: more than 12 months
When operating CW I tend to have a heavy hand and the ZN-9A performs flawlessly for me. It is obvious that a lot of skill and love go into the keys Tony manufactures. A true work of art!

KE3C Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2010 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Smooth and tight  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want a key that is well built with smooth operation and reacts to a light touch then this is the one. I am very pleased with my purchase. The key is very solid and heavy. It will not move on the desk and it has a very small footprint. It is the best key I have every owned.

I have owned the bencher, kent key and Begali traveller. This one beats them all.

N7AG Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2010 01:41 Send this review to a friend
CAN'T IMAGIN BETTER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned 7-9 iambic paddles, they all work. Hoping for something better, I bought a GDH, the design was lacking & finish was poor, back it went. Tony offers a 30-day return policy (wonder if he's ever gotten one back). Tony was friendly, shipping was super. "form follows function", key is beautiful, adjusts as-you-like, & stays that way. No practice, or getting-used-to was necessary, it simply works superbly. Wish I had made the move to this first-rate key much sooner. Enjoy! N7AG

K4RIG Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2009 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Build & Quality are Perfection  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I run 99% CW, so a Great key is priority with me. I received my ZN-9A about 3 months ago, and just getting to cheer about it now. I also have Schurr, Begali, Kent, Vibroplex, Brown Bros, Bencher, and a multitude of other keys and paddles, so "I know of what I speak."

Actually I can't really add much that hasn't already been said about N3ZN keys, so I'll just say if you want Silky Smooth action, Precision adjustment, Quality workmanship and materials, and "Beauty to the eye" to boot, this might be what you're looking for. Of all the keys I own and have used, the ZN-9A is on top of the heap. It radiates Quality & Perfection like all N3ZN keys do. I love it!

Hey, there is a 30 day money back guarantee. Try one. I don't think you'll be disappointed..