Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Radio Shack 20-210A headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack 20-210A headphones
Radio Shack  20-210A  headphones Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$17.95
Description: communications headphones
More info: http://radio shack

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack 20-210A headphones.

WD6GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2008 21:42 Send this review to a friend
Not too bad !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was scrounging for a pair of headphones a few days ago for CW work . I knew I had packed away several pairs years ago when I moved . I dug around and found this old pair of Radio Shack / Archer mono headphones that I had totally forgotten about . They work as good now as I remember them 10 years ago . Radio Shack still lists them on their website and they are decent for the money . They look kind of flimsy at first glance , but they are tougher than they appear and stay put on your head without putting a lot of pressure on your ears. Also they have cellular foam type pads which allow you to hear whats going on around you , yet shut out most of the noise . However , if you operate in a VERY noisey environment then these probably arent what you are looking for .

They have an 1/8 inch moulded mono plug , but come with a 1/4 mono adapter , or at least mine did. They have plenty of volume too , you need to turn the gain way down on your rig and audio sounds very nice for communications use.

18 bucks is probably pushing the limit on what they are worth , but I've seen a lot of the "big name " phones go for a WHOLE lot more and not any better than these . (I wont mention any names ) I've gotten suckered into those .

Anyway they are good cans for the money , and Rat Shack often runs sales , so keep your eyes open for a pair or two .

Bob WD6GLA