Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | ICOM AH-710 - HF Folded Dipole Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM AH-710 - HF Folded Dipole Antenna
ICOM AH-710 - HF Folded Dipole Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $259,95
Description: The ICOM AH-710 is a complete preassembled multi-band, folded dipole. With 80.3 feet (24 m) long covers 1.9 to 30 MHz.
It is designed to work with any of the Icom Amateur HF transceivers including Marine transceivers.
The AH-710 can be installed as a Flat Top or an Inverted V configuration.

You can write your own review of the ICOM AH-710 - HF Folded Dipole Antenna.

ZL1LK Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2017 03:43 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've alway used G5RV antennas for the last 20 year and have tried replacing it from time to time by buying different antennas, but after disappointing results, the G5RV would go up again. Just lately I thought I'll give it another try, this time with an Icom AH-710. First thing I notice is that there was very little or no noise level, so the first thing I thought is that this antenna was deaf, for example on 80m my noise level with the G5RV was alway around S7 - 9, but with the AH-710 my noise level is around S2-3. As soon as I heard my first station, it was about 2 - 3dB stronger than the G5RV. My reported transmitted signal is as good if not better than the G5RV . This is some hot antenna I have purchased!!!

The AH-710 is designed to work from 160 to 10 meters and the highest SWR I get is 1.8:1.. no more antenna matching units needed. It also has an SWR of 1.5:1 on 6 meters.

My G5RV has finely gone in the trash.
W7LKR Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Performer   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Each year I work the Eagle Cap Extreme (ECX) in Joseph Oregon as an EMT and radio operator in a remote location called Ollokot. Communications out of this area is vital both for passing standard messages and Staff and Musher safety. Each year we have been using a Barker and Williamson BWDS-90N Fold dipole antenna for HF communications. This is a very high performer (1.8-54Mhz) rated at 1 KW. But this year the gentleman who owned this antenna retired and was unable to return with his equipment. I had to scramble to locate a replacement antenna of similar design. I just could not afford the $825.00 to purchase Barker & Williamson antenna. Searching the WEB I ran into an ICOM AH-710 folded Dipole of about the same dimensions. It is rated at 150 watts and has a frequency range of 1.9-30 MHz which is all I needed for HF communications with Winlink. The cost was within my reach at $239.00. I made the purchase but had no time to fully test the performance of the antenna before I left for the Sled Dog races in Joseph, Or. As soon as I arrived in my remote camp, I strung the AH-710 in the exact location we had previously strung the Barker & Williamson Dipole. This remote location has very steep canyon walls on both sides with heavy timber. If the ICOM AH-710 antenna did not work, critical communications would have been sacrificed. When all the radio gear was attached to the antenna and the tuning was checked, it showed almost a perfect 1:1 match on 80 meters. The ICOM AH-710 made several solid contacts 400 miles away to the West coast and then Digi repeated it back to Joseph, Or. We used both 80 and 40 meters with this antenna. With all honesty, it performed as well as the $825.00 B&W. It broke out the canyon walls fantastically. ICOM did not skip corners constructing this little marvel. It is very well built. I have no problem recommending the antenna.
M3GNM Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned one of these for about 2 years and I can honestly say that it's been great. The antenna itself is very well made however you're going to need VERY strong mounting points either end as it's quite heavy. I've worked every band no problem at all both QRP and at full wack (100 watts) via a club callsign when I was using it on a field day. Got some great reports but like everything else, you have to remember that this antenna is a compromise i.e. it's ok at doing all the bands but its not brilliant, however if you're not worried about dropping 1 "S" point, this is the antenna for you. Ideal for built up areas as I have mine in an inverted V and haven't noticed any decernable difference in operational effectiveness. My rig(s) are FT2000D, Icom 706Mk2 D and a very old FRG7700 for listening around the bands. Overall a very good antenna, but expensive for what it is, however if you want a no nonsense easy to install and use antenna, its a no brainer