Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet CA-ABC23 2 Meter Base/repeater antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CA-ABC23 2 Meter Base/repeater antenna
Comet CA-ABC23 2 Meter Base/repeater antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: 2 meter Base/Repeater vertical antenna. 7.8 dbi
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Comet CA-ABC23 2 Meter Base/repeater antenna.

K5HNK Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2010 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had this since I got into radio in 2008. It has a great 6.5 dbi gain. I have had dozens of great signal reports. I have not had any structure problems either. Stands up to some pretty good wind. SWRs are low.

W6CQA Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2008 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After haveing owned two Diamond F23A antennas and being disappointed in the lack of quality control on the secound one, I decided to try a Comet antenna this time. I liked the idea of all metal construction. I didn't own the Diamond antennas long enough, but after reading about deterioration of the fiberglass radome on the Diamond F23A, I was determined not to get another one. I must say the quality control of this Comet antenna is oustanding. The performance is excellent. SWR is even better than on the Diamond antenna. The highest SWR is less than 1.2:1 and even lower near the center of the band. This was confirmed with a good quality VHF wattmeter. It's light weight, trim and stands strait as an arrow. I can't say how it will stand up over time, but right now I couldn't be more pleased.