Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Grundig Satellit 750 Help

Reviews Summary for Grundig Satellit 750
Grundig Satellit 750 Reviews: 62 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $300
Description: The Grundig Satellit 750 with Advanced DSP technology is an exciting portable that brings the world to you! You will get complete coverage of all long wave, medium wave and shortwave frequencies as well as FM (stereo to the earphone jack). Plus the Satellit 750 also receives the VHF aeronautical band (117-137 MHz). Your shortwave coverage includes the reception of the single sideband (SSB) mode allowing the reception ham radio operators, maritime and shortwave aeronautical stations. You can select either wide or narrow selectivity to reduce co-channel interference. You can tune your favorite stations by the conventional tuning knob, quick keypad entry of via the 1000 memories. And you will enjoy the fidelity you have come to expect from Grundig enhanced by separate bass and treble controls. The radio features both an Earphone Jack and a Line Output Jack. Long distance Medium wave (AM band) reception is possible because of the built-in rotatable, directional ferrite antenna. External antennas may also be attached. 14.65 x 7.24 x 5.75 inches. There is even a USB (5V) outlet for MP3 or mobile phone charging function

You can write your own review of the Grundig Satellit 750.

K9EUI Rating: 4/5 Jun 4, 2014 10:18 Send this review to a friend
replacement unit received  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received a replacement 750 yesterday. of the several issues I had with the first one, this unit is not perfect either. At least the ATTEN works as it should. For my use, it is a keeper - extremely stable and sensitive. I'll give it a 4.
KB1VXP Rating: 4/5 Jun 3, 2014 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Overall good value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice tabletop SWR, controls nicely laid out and user friendly. Very good sound quality. Quality is decent, given price. Sensitivity is good. Quality external antenna is everything. Spend a few bucks, and a couple of hours and put up a decent outside antenna and you will be happy with this radio.
K9EUI Rating: 2/5 May 7, 2014 16:11 Send this review to a friend
some problems resolved  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Further investigation showed that the birdies and broadband noise were caused by a touch-lamp in a china cabinet across the room even though it was "off." Had to unplug it. Other issues still there.
KI6RSE Rating: 4/5 Mar 17, 2014 18:31 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT RADIO  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Tuning solid...little entry..decent sound...Plastic case not something you want to drop..Very impressed with its receive..excellent..Personally I like it better than the Kenwood 2000 I recently got rid of..may not have as many bells and whistle but on a longwire this receives way better..Pleased..
RSHIRE22 Rating: 4/5 Feb 12, 2014 22:37 Send this review to a friend
Very FB  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this radio nearly three years and I'm totally satisfied with all aspects of this radio. The only problem is the volume control has become scratchy requiring some deox being sprayed into the potentiometer. Right now I am chicken to open up the case so I am wondering if anyone has tried this yet? Great radio, fair price, no need for more expensive gear.
P4PENDING Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2013 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Great receiver!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SW, MW, LW and HF receiver with AM, FM, USB and LSB modes. I think you can not get a much better receiver in this price range.
Works very well with the supplied antenna. Very convenient BNC connectors for external antennas but they on the right side of the receiver instead of the back (which I find less convenient)
Love to listen to the amateur bands? Love to listen to those remote AM stations? This is the radio for you.
Are the better receivers? Yes there are, but certainly not in the price range of the Grundig Satellit 750. Some filters and a noise blanker would be awesome but will cost you extra.
You're surely get much more receiver that you expect. Oh yeah, the airband is on it too!

Buy one and you will not be sorry.
W2OMD Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2013 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My "radio shack" is on the other side of my house and I was looking for a tabletop radio for my bedside. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a high end receiver since I would be mainly using it to fall asleep at night. The Grundig Satellit 750 has been around now for almost 6 years, and in that time has gotten many mixed reviews. Recently though, the reviews have been getting better mainly due to better quality control, and the street price has dropped from $300, to under $250. I decided to give the radio a shot, and ordered one. I was pleasantly surprised. Out of the box, the radio seemed very well built despite being made of mainly all plastic, but this is fine for this price range. My radio has a build date of July, 2013. The radio doesn't have any of the quality control problems such has loose knobs or broken buttons that some people report. The tuning knob has some nice weight and feel to it. I believe this is an improvement over early 750's. The included manual is terrible. It fact it's so bad and small, it's funny. Luckily the radio is simple to operate, and I didn't need it for anything other than figuring out how to store memory channels. I was up and running just using the stock telescopic whip antenna in minutes. The AM(MW) and FM bands sound good. I was able to do some MW DXing with the radio's rotating built-in AM antenna. The Aircraft band works pretty well with the built-in telescopic whip. I live by 3 major airports, so I had no problem picking up many transmissions. I did not notice any overload in the band too, which was a nice surprise. On the SW and amateur HF bands, the built-in telescopic antenna is really a poor option. It was not a surprise and expected though. I was able to pick up a few strong foreign SW broadcasts in AM, but didn't hear a thing on SSB on the amateur HF bands. I decided to try a plain old piece of 10' wire I had lying around, and hooked it up to one of the radio's external antenna connections. The radio sprung to like of the SW and HF bands. I was picking up tons of foreign SW broadcasts, and could also pull in some SSB QSO's on 40 and 75 meters. My biggest surprise was how well SSB sounded on the Grundig Satellit 750. Using the BFO Control, I was able to tune in SSB conversations perfectly. I've seen many reports stating that the 750's narrow filter is too wide for SSB, but for the most part I don't find that to be the case. The narrow filter seems to be about 4 kHz which is a little wider than optimal for SSB, but it works OK unless the band is really crowded with strong signals. It does a good job on both SSB, and on the AM SW bands. The wide filter seems to be about 8 kHz. The 750's built-in speaker is nothing special, but by adjusting the bass and treble controls, I can make the audio sound good.
W0GE Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an update from last review. Eton had the radio for one month. I got the rig back on Sept.20.They sent a new radio that they had checked out. The radio works great. Eton said they had an issue with the volume controls that had been resolved. I hope so. The second day I used it the top section of the antenna popped out. I called Eton service and they sent a new antenna. I an giving the radio a 5 because for what it is it is a good portable rig I can take with me. Eton did stand behind the warranty.
I also just purchased a Icom R 75 that runs rings around any short wave radio I have ever had. I also have an Icom 7410 that is without a doubt the best transceiver.
K4DLM Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2013 16:17 Send this review to a friend
I'd Buy It Again  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
New to, but a ham for 35+ years, I'm really not hard to please. I just sold a Kenwood R-2000 and began to miss SW. I looked at the reviews here on the Icom IC-R75 and on the Grundig Satellit, not knowing which direction I wanted to go in. I went to my local ham radio supply store and was told they wouldn't demo the IC-R75 (had 3 in stock) and showed me their IC-78, which they said had the same receiver. 30 minutes with the IC-78 and 5 minutes with the Grundig, my mind was almost made up to buy the Grundig. After asking for some help in order to make up my mind and being ignored, I went to a large "big box" retailer and bought the Grundig for a substantial discount.

After operating it and enjoying it for a few days, I'm more impressed with it than the R-2000 I just sold. It's more versatile and actually pulls in stations on BC and SW as well or better than the Kenwood did with an attic antenna and I'm only using it's build in aerial so far (I am on second floor in my home).

Most all of my radios are tube type and I find this little Grundig a breath of fresh air, fun to operate.
DXTUNER Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2013 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Good reception, cheap build quality.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Satellit 750 is a decent performing general coverage radio, more sensitive than you might expect, but it has limitations more characteristic of cheaper & smaller radios. Namely the selectvity. Its 4 and 7 kHz bandwidths (I'm pretty sure that's correct) are more than acceptable on the Tecsun PL-600, but for $300 you wouldn't be wrong to want things a little tighter. It isn't bad though really.

The construction is cheap. Believe me, this is one radio you don't want to drop on the floor. It's light and feels hollow. However the tuning knob, which is weighted, perhaps out of proportion to the rest of the body, feels nice. Overall a really competent radio, you should get hours of joy from it, but you might come to the conclusion that its $150 worth of radio at the most.