Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | MFJ 288 Headset Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 288 Headset Microphone
MFJ 288  Headset  Microphone Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: Deluxe Headset with Microphone on boom with PTT switch. Six foot cord with PTT switch. Specify plug on cord for Icom, Yaesu, Alinco, Kenwood. Specify Speaker and mic connector type on radio.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ 288 Headset Microphone.

WX4GPS Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2011 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Worth the price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used this on several occasions, and I am quite pleased with the comfort, audio and it seems durable enough for the price, have had no issues, would recommend. I could not justify paying $60 to $90 for the OEM version, this fit the bill!

N4KC Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2008 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Fills the bill!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use my 288 on a Yaesu VX-5 while taking my five-time-a-week aerobic walk around the neighborhood. They DO look flimsy with a tiny cord and smallish PTT switch. I was concerned they would not hold up with such rough usage, including sweat and getting knocked around. Well, they have lasted a year and still work fine. I paid about $20 from a discounter at a hamfest. Audio reports are good...guys question that I am using an HT.

Bonus: they are apparently quite efficient on receive audio so I can run the volume control much lower than when I listened to the HT's internal speaker. I can tell that this prolongs battery life, not to mention keeps me from disturbing neighbors when I'm taking those 6AM walks!

Don N4KC
www.n4kc.com
www.n4kc.blogspot.com

AA7QQ Rating: 4/5 Jan 13, 2008 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Great for the Price; Great for your HT.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have purchased MFJ products since about 1994. For wanting to have my first boom mic headset combo, You can't beat the price!! Buy it!! Other then the PTT cable being a bit on the thin side, and the "yoke" for the headset band attactment also the the "thin" side, this is a really good deal for your HT operation. It made a BIG difference for me using the HT. Good sound quality and signal reports using the mike were really good. Being carefull during field coperation with the PTT cable-- otherwise, a great buy. 4.0 rating only for the thin PTT cable and thin "yoke" design.