Reviews Categories | Microphones | Radio Shack 33-3042 dynamic microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack 33-3042 dynamic microphone
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$39.95
Description: Super cardioid dynamic microphone.
More info: http://www.RadioShack.com

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack 33-3042 dynamic microphone.

KC9GUZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2008 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After running a D 104 on my Kenwood TS 830s and getting some mediocre audio reports(the audio is too tinny for that rig!) I decided to look for a alternative microphone. I have read of other hams using Radio Shack mics on HF rigs and from the reports they seem to work well. I didnt want to spend a fortune on a mic so i decided to try a Radio Shack mike. The 33.3042 seemed to fot the bill pretty well in regards to frequency response and sensitivity. I didnt know how well a 300 Ohm mike would work on my 830 but so far so good. Granted i cant hold it a foot away from me like th D 104s but the mic sounds much better than the D 104 did. Much smoother and more natural sounding than the D 104. I also bought a mike stand for the mike and wired up a simple PTT switch on the base. Now all is well.
For $39.95 it cant be beat but get one soon as Radio Shack now has another mike out to take its place..