Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Jetstream JTW270 compact crossneedle 140-525 MHz Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTW270 compact crossneedle 140-525 MHz
Jetstream JTW270 compact crossneedle 140-525 MHz Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Frequency range: 140-525 MHz
Input impedance: 50 ohms
Power scales: 15 and 150 watts
Power accuracy: 10% at full scale
Minimum input power: 1 watt
Connector: SO239
Input power: 12VDC

For the 220 MHz band, power readings must be converted. Multiply the meter reading by 0.7 to get the true value. For example, if the reading is 50W the actual power value is 35W. A meter reading of 10W would be an actual value of 7W etc.

More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtw270.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTW270 compact crossneedle 140-525 MHz.

KE5MOJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2012 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Gives Peace of Mind with an inexpensive Meter.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this from a local Antenna Shop, at first I thought it was off by 15 watts from my ICOM2200 radio. My ICOM2820 showed 40 watts instead of 50. I assumed it was incorrect. The shop I bought it from had a couple of similar meters and I tried them out, one MFJ unit showed me what I wanted to see. The rest were repeats of this unit. This was on the 2 Meter band only. The instructions indicate for 220 Mhz you need to multiply by .7 to get accurate results. However 440 Mhz shows less than half of what the output should be. When I multiplied by .4 it seemed to work out. When the shop measured the output of both radio's, the power output was almost correct. It was within 5%. The Shop measured the SWR for the antenna and it was within the range shown on the meter.

This piece of equipment will not precisely measure your SWR/Reflected/Forward power. What it will do is give you a good indication of what is going on with your power and swr.

I have used this was several different antenna's, mobile radios and HT's for 2Meter, 220Mhz, and 440Mhz. I have also been able to successfully tune a 2 meter 5/8ths wave antenna and when measured with a analyzer it was correct.

To me, the meter was worth what I paid for it. Yes it is plastic and when you run your fingers over it, static electricity will build up. But this also occurs with your computer, best to ground yourself when handling it.

RFSOAKED Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2010 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice for the Price!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Only off by a few watts compared to my Telewave meter on the bench. I was selling my extra one on ebay and was told by a possible buyer that it had bad reviews. All i see is one bad review here thats just badmouthing the product without any facts.

How do you know its not accurate? What did you compare it to? How did you test it?

I compared mine to a Telewave 44AP and the difference is about 3w on VHF and UHF. I could easily adjust it internally if i wanted to and make it match, but its a +/- 10% accuracy, at 50w a 3w difference is less than 10%, which makes it within tolerance!!

I also compared SWR readings against my network analyzer, very very close. The meter would read a 1.2:1 when i was showing a 1.5:1, so again very very close.

All of these plastic cased meters with the plastic lens have the static problem the other reviewer mentioned. Rubbing your fingers across will cause a static charge to build up. Use a soft cloth and some antistatic spray, or an antistatic tv/lcd display cleaning cloth to fight the static buildup. I keep my shack at an ideal humidity and never have much of a static problem but its possible with any of these plastic meters.

As for the comment on their antennas... I have a JTB3 thats been through some rough winters and still works great, i also have a JTB2 on top of the other tower. Work great, low SWR across the band, and the quality of the workmanship is better than some of the Diamond crap i have had in the past. The fit and finish of all the parts is better, the antenna doesn't loosely fit in the mounting tube, etc..

I have had nothing but problems with MFJ products and i won't even go there...

KE4EX Rating: 0/5 Jan 26, 2010 19:40 Send this review to a friend
New Junk Champ.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Not close to being accurate.
Run your finger tip over the lens, needles follow.
By the time I would return it to R&L restock fee and pay return shipping, HA !!!!
The VHF antenna was Junk also,,,,,,,,,,,,
STAY AWAY FROM JETSTREAM-JUNK.

IT IS A WINNER, BEATS MFJ.