Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | cablehelp.com 160 meter sloper Help

Reviews Summary for cablehelp.com 160 meter sloper
cablehelp.com 160 meter sloper Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $54.00
Description: New Rugged 160 Meter sloper
More info: http://www.cablehelp.com/new_heavy_duty_160_meter_sloper.htm

You can write your own review of the cablehelp.com 160 meter sloper.

KA9MFY Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2011 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is for the Ham who wants on the 160 meter band and does not have the room for a dipole or a long wire. It will not work everyone on the band but it will make contacts, and lets face it 160 meters is a great band for rag chewing and making great friends like in the old days when hams were all nice guys and like to visit with one another and not just want your callsign for another notch on there belt or wallpaper.
I contacted Stan at( cablehelp.com) about the antenna and he was a very nice person and answerd my questions about the antenna, so I ordered it and he worked with me on the setup process as I wanted to hang it backwards as of my small property and he helped me figure it out (the antenna is only 24 feet off the ground) and the tuning was a bit differant as it was close to the ground. It loads great, I am only running a 100 watts but I do not care to run more and it makes the trip consistanty of 300-400 miles, I have not made any long contacts yet as the band does not open up till fall and winter, so I guess I'll have to wait till then and see what happens.
But it suits my needs and I hopt this helps someone to get on 160

NK2U Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2011 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to admit that I was very skeptical that any shortened 160 meter antenna could perform at all on 160; I was wrong. I had very low expectations for the antenna and figured if I got out 100 miles or so, that would be great.

Well, after using it for two weekends in VT, mounted in a tree at 55', I have to say that it greatly exceeded expectations. I have had QSOs with stations more than 300 miles away.

Also, it is very well built but a little on the heavy side. I would say that for such a small investment, it is certainly worth a try and I am sure that you too will be pleasantly suprised!

This is my first foray into 160 meters after having been licensed 28 years and am glad I finally did it; it's an excellent way to "dip your feet in the water!"

K3SFK Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2011 13:17 Send this review to a friend
160 and 80 meter slopers: Good product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to Stan's ongoing support and information, I successfully installed both 160 and 80 m slopers. They perform very well in all regards. The 80m sloper has reached 1,000++ miles with clear signal reports during the first two weeks. My signal is heard clear and solid with almost all stations that I can hear. Both slopers hang on a TV tower under the small TV antenna (not ideal condition-should have larger beam to act as reflector). The height on the TV tower is only 34 feet which is also a non-favorable condition (ideally should be 45 feet+). The far end hangs at 12 feet high. Several 8 foot ground rods are installed for each antenna for a good ground. I am using a LDG antenna tuner which may or may not be needed, but the SWR is superb and the signal reports are very good. I am using a modest ICOM 718 running only 90 watts which works very well for 80m and 'OK' for 160m. I believe that the quality of the heavy duty antenna wire, connectors, etc. is very good. When you install your slopers, it may be helpful to contact Stan at Cablehelp.com for his final thoughts. He is very helpful. Bottom line is, that with marginal conditions such as my situation above, you can still easily and effectively be on 160m and 80m with effective results.

AB9SO Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2009 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Nice Limited Space 160M Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently installed the 160M sloper at 42 feet up on my tower. I tuned the antenna to just about the mid point of the 160m band. My first contact was the U.P. of Michigan, that is about 350 miles! Not bad for 50 watts either.

This antenna is very well built and you only need about 60 feet of space from your tower. With my limited property footprint, I never thought I would be on 160...well with this great little antenna I am now!!! And loving it!
Thanks Stan, great antenna!

The antenna is also nearly resonant on 10 meters too. I get about a 2 to 1 in the middle of the 10m band.

I got mine from Stan off his Ebay page. They are currently going for about $70 shipped.

If you are wanting to get on 160m but have limited space this antenna might be for you!

W1LVL Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2008 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Great small 160 antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently installed this sloper with the upper end at 35ft and the lower end at 8 ft of of my 40ft Rohn tower. Also installed a dedicated ground wire from the antenna to 3 8ft ground rods. I have made many contacts at 100 watts with very good results.

George W1LVL

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2008 23:11 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have both a 160 and 80 meter slopers built by Stan Jones KC5UYF of www.cablehelp.com I purchased the 160 off of Ebay and he special built a 80 sloper for me. I have both of them now attached to my Hazer at about 30 feet. These are quality built antennas and they work extremely well. I've compared them to my Zero-5 vertical and found them to have less noise and static. They transmit and receive with no difference other than being quiter than the verical. This has been a nice surprise working European DX on both antennas. I always get great signal reports at 100 watts. I'm going to get Stan to build be a 40 meter version to join the others. I recommend this antenna to all.