Reviews Categories | Microphones | W2ENY Headset mic Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY Headset mic
W2ENY Headset mic Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: Headset microphone and PTT switch.
Great replacement for Icom 706mk2 radio microphones without breaking the bank.
Other makes and models available as well.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/w2eny-handcrafted-accessories

You can write your own review of the W2ENY Headset mic.

2E0WPZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2013 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the twin earphone premier headset plus some other cable adapters to use it on my 7100 and 756 mk1. I`ve only had it for a short while and worn it for a max of 2 hrs and so far so good as far as comfort goes. Audio reports so far have been very good indeed and I haven`t had to adjust anything in the rig between using the headset and my Icom SM 20 desk mic. Another big plus is the rapid response from Bob via e amil which makes a pleasant change.Ordered on a Thursday evening( uk time)posted out to me on the Friday and delivered via royal mail on the following Tuesday so delivery was superb.Nice clear receive audio with the added in line volume control.Plug and play and all at a very fair price point. Thanks Bob

KU7I Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2012 04:23 Send this review to a friend
Could not be happier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought on Ebay....maybe $40 plus shipping, don't exactly remember the price. Using with FT-890. A bit light with the feel and weight but well worth the money. His attention to detail is impressive as it comes with a little box to install a pair of AAA batteries since this mic needs power and the Yaesu does not supply power at the mic jack like the Icoms do. I opted for the optional hand PTT switch. 100% total plug right out of the box. Just tell him which rig or rigs you will be using and he will send you the correct pieces. Sort of like Heil but a tenth of the cost. It really works WELL. VERY happy.

KC0JRW Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2010 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I get lots of good reports from it using my 857d. Not extremely heavy duty but for $35.00 including the adapter for the radio it is well worth the money. I've been using it all the time for almost 3yrs and no problems.

N3UJX Rating: 4/5 Aug 3, 2009 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Very high quality!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received the headset and is working great. I have been using it with my ancient IC-2000 Icom 2 meter. I am getting great audio reports from all contacted. Bob shipped very fast , and workmanship is fantastic. I would give a 5/5 , but I just bought it, and will see how durable it is. I will be ordering an adapter for my Yaesu Ft-817. Thanks for the fast, friendly service, and your sailboat is gorgeous.

K4BOF Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2009 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Nice headset & low price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted hands-free operation of the IC-706 MkIIG in the mobile. I have a manual transmission and the stock mic cord would get tangled around the gear shift from time to time. This headset was perfect for me. Nice quality and I have also received good reports about the audio quality when using it. Kudos to W2ENY for the product he makes.

KE7GGZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2009 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Not too many know about this diamond in the desert!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the first boom/headset mic back in 2006 for my Kenwood TS440 and I was impressed with how hot it was!...Perfect for SSB!....
So this past week, after purchasing an Yaesu FT-817, I knew who to buy the mic from....
W2ENY sells a Gr8t inexpensive product that is up there with the best! It does not carry the Heil name, but this boom/mic is overlooked by many...It is that Diamond in the ruff....
I had to reset the mic gain on the Yaesu on FM, as well as SSB, but it now has punch and it sounds like me!
I thought about getting the W4RT OBP board, but do not need it now, with this headset/mic combo...Thanx again Bob, for a Gr8t product at an inexpensive price!

P.S. The first boom/mic is still working perfectly on the Kenwood after 2 years running, yanking, stretching and dropping!

NB4M Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2008 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Good Headsets  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Tried one of the headsets for a portable rig and like it so much I bought two more. I now use them on Ten Tec, Yaesu, and Kenwood rigs with many compliments on audio quality. Connectors are very good quality and free of problems. Great product at a great price.

KE4BFK Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2008 00:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Replacement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A newbie ham I know purchased a used Icom 706mk2 with very low audio.
Power output was o.k. but audio was "flat".
Replaced the original mic with a W2ENY Headset mic and that was the end of the audio problem.
It really increased the audio quality of the radio.
They are very reasonably priced compared to others on the market.
He also makes other microphones for diffrent radio makes and models.
You won't be dissappointed in his workmanship.