Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Diamond CP725H Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond CP725H
Diamond CP725H Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $$399.95
Description: Diamond’s new CP725H is a four band (6M, 10M, 15M and 40M) trap vertical antenna with trap radials. Its light weight, 6.6 pounds, makes it very manageable during the installation process and will allow for a simple mast solution. It is 11.8 feet tall and the radials are 71” long and can be mounted 360 degrees around the antenna or concentrated on one side if you need to mount it close to a structure.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/cp725h.htm

You can write your own review of the Diamond CP725H.

VE7CEU Rating: 1/5 Sep 14, 2008 09:52 Send this review to a friend
non functionig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this antenna 3 weeks ago, to replace my very old R5. Installed , and on 7 Mhz 2.5=1, 21 Mhz 3.5-1 swr. Covers 50 Mhz partly. Phonecalls to Rf parts in San Marcos helped not at all. Aftermarket help, or service nonexistent, costumer service is an answering machine, calls never returned. My advice is to stay away from Diamond as far you can, and have a cushcraft instead

VK2FRO Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2008 23:13 Send this review to a friend
Simple to assemble, light to put up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this antenna as my first HF antenna. The stockist was packing up for a hamfest, and held this one for me (he had no CP-6's left). Easily erected by one person, just install the mounting pipe. drop the vertical section in place with the capacity hat alreay installed, then install the bottom traps. As a bonus, it tunes up on 20m as well! It covers a larger than i expected portion of the 40m band, but I cant get it down to 7085, so I'll need a tuner. Covers half the 10 m band, a good slice of 20m (which its not made for), and all of 15m. Covers half the 6m band as well.

its no beam on a 65ft tower, but as a first antenna I'm pretty happy. Covers 11mhz cb as well (with a tuner).

I was originally going to rate it a 4 because of the 40m tuning problem, but then decided it deserved to be rated a 5 because although I'll need to use a tuner to get it down far enough in 40m, I got a good slice of the 20m band, and it will tune the 11m band as a bonus. A tuner will fix the 40m band problem, and getting it to work on 11m.

KE3JH Rating: 2/5 Jun 22, 2008 06:05 Send this review to a friend
well made ruber duck  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Had this ant. only a few months some years ago and compared it to my g5rv. if ya like a ruber duck on HF then get this ant if not DONT GET IT. The g5rv blew it out of the water. it was made very well. easy to put up, got great swr all around. wish it worked well but it didnt so i sold it! got a gap eagle love it. 73

WB7DNU Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2008 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna for the Size  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna to mount on a mast through my garage roof. It is small and light, was easy for me to handle alone, and required no radials. It tuned very easily on 40M, 15M, and 10M but only tuned to a 1.8 SWR on the lower portion of 6M. It has held up very well all winter and has withstood some very high winds with no ill effects.

As to performance. It works very well on 40 and 15M. I have used it on the repeater frequencies for 6M and it worked well there. Using an LDG AT-100 Pro antenna tuner I have made a couple of contacts on the 50.125 MHz and it worked well there. When I made the contacts on 6M, the band was going out and the contacts faded quickly so this wasn't a very good test, but the signal reports were good considering the band conditions. I have not made any contacts on 10M because of the poor band conditions. I have listened on 80M and it receives fairly well, similarly on 20M. I have not tried to use the antenna on these bands because it wasn't designed for them.

For its size it works very well. It isn't a dipole or a beam but on 40M I am suprised at how well it works. I have made several contacts in CA using 100 Watts and they can hear me as well as another ham in town using a linear amp with a G5RV. I have also made several contacts on 15M and have received good signal reports. The antenna is only mounted about 18 feet above ground on a 6 foot mast above my garage roof so that says something about the antenna.

I gave the antenna a 5 because it is well built, and works very well for its size. It works as well or better than a dipole on 40 and 15M.