Reviews Categories | Receivers: Weather Alert | Radio Shack 12-250 Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack 12-250
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: SAME WX receiver.

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack 12-250.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2015 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly, reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned one of these for many years now. It has always reliably announced weather warnings, severe storms, flash floods and heavy snow storms. I really like how the different colored lights tell you in an instant if a watch or warning are currently active in case you missed the initial voice alert. The last several years I have taken it with me on summer vacation to warn me of the fast moving severe thunderstorms that are common in that area. It is very easy to program it back and forth between the two locations. I have been very pleased with this weather receiver.

N4YX Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2012 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Many Years of Use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just bought a 3rd used unit via eBay. The other two just do nothing but work great. Like the EverReady Energizer Bunny they just keep going and going and going. EZ to program and the codes these days are readily available online. 9V Alkaline backup battery lasts a long time too.

KC9GUZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 25, 2008 17:05 Send this review to a friend
not too bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this WX receiver from a local ham a few years ago. He didn't use it much so he gave it to me to use. It seems pretty easy to set up and I got the FIPS codes from the local NWS office via online. The unit works great and only goes off via the set codes for our area. The only downside is it seems RF suceptible especially whenever i run my amp. I removed the antenna and made up a random wire and installed a RF bead, but i still have RF issues. Other than that I can't find any other issues.