Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Alinco DX-77T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DX-77T
Alinco DX-77T Reviews: 41 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $1059.00
Description: 10m-160m HF tranceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DX-77T.shtml

You can write your own review of the Alinco DX-77T.

AA2T Rating: 4/5 Sep 7, 1999 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Good basic rig at a REAL bargain price  Time owned: unknown months
When I bought this HF transciever for what I paid a few years ago for a good dual band HT, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. But I'm pleasantly surprised. Works well, no problem with pileups, decent 500Hz CW filter, and AM is real good too.
FM works fine through the repeaters and simplex.
I get some audio reports that they would like more bass response (with Alinco desk mike) but no serious complaints. I do find the keyer occasionally adds an extra dash, not sure if there's key bounce on my end or there's a firmware bug. Do notice a little bit of reciever "clicking" when s9+10 or over CW stations are a Kc or two away from a weak s1-2 station with the 500Hz filter in.
Receiver runs fine down to 150Khz. Good first cheap rig, worked almost all of the dx-peditions in the last year with wire antennas. Didn't find any conditions where I couldn't make a qso due to lacking a dsp or any other feature on the rig. High SWR protected finals and fan cooled heatsink. I do notice a little audio distortion at very low levels.