Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Buxcomm Help

Reviews Summary for Buxcomm
Buxcomm Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Miscellaneous electronic parts and hard to find components.

You can write your own review of the Buxcomm.

WU0F Rating: 1/5 Oct 22, 2015 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Misrepresented product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First the good. I ordered a microphone presented on their website that had a number pad on it. A schematic on the page showed a microphone with a dynamic mic element and a DTMF encoder in the microphone, just what I was looking for. It was ordered on a Wednesday and arrived the following Friday a full two days before I would have expected it.
Now the bad. When I opend the microphone to trace the wiring I discovered an electet mic element and no DTMF encoder. When I complained to them about the mic they e-mailed me a copy of the schematic (which I already had) pointing out the dynamic mic element and DTMF encoder. Yes, they were on the schematic but they were not in the microphone.
After not hearing anything from them for two days I returned the mic and told them I expected a full refund. Instead I recieved a partial refund and Buxcomm has lost a customer.
NI4L Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2014 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent support  Time owned: more than 12 months
As to the question below, Yes Buck is still around. He has answered ALL my questions and i was happy with the answers. Jan Mata runs the office and has been super helpful also.
I have placed orders with them and always they arrived quickly. The quality of the products produced are well built and i have used them to make over 60 antennas so far of all forms and fashions.
They have allot of special items that are hard to find. My dealing with Buxcomm has been a 10.
KB4MB Rating: 4/5 Jun 15, 2011 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Like MFJ - Good Prices, but you have to know what you want  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I liken Buxcomm to MFJ, another company that people have complained bitterly in the past about, but I have bought from several times without issue.

Buxcomm has extremely fair shipping prices (Priority Mail for most things at $5 a box), cheap prices on most things, and hard to navigate site with inadequate descriptions of things.

However, for the price, convenience, and quick turnaround, I can't complain at all.

Also have many unique items. I was getting some lines in the waterfall (ground loop I suppose) and Buxcomm had line isolators already soldered up for less than I could get the parts for individually and make myself. The picture was terrible, the phone staff was courteous but basically just looked at the picture that was on the website and told me what I saw. I took a chance, item came, was exactly what I needed and worked great.

I didn't realize how bad the PL-259's I was ordering were, but that was my fault for not specifically looking for Amphenol, and realizing that if the price is that low, it probably is junk (which they were, the centers popped out when trying to make the cable, and I had to krazy glue them in place!).

Fair price on connectors, fair price on PSK equipment, fair price on CoaxSeal, and no gouging on S/H... Just know what you are getting, and you won't be disappointed.
AF4K Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2011 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Great company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am not 100% sure that Buck, K4ABT is still running this outfit, but I always received great equipment, and had great customer service from him in the past. I bought several items, and whenever any question came up that was hard to solve he was always right there with the answers on e-mail or via a phone call. Unless something has changed, then some of these folks giving a zero rating are experiencing something vastly different from most of us out here!
N9NPN Rating: 0/5 Jan 11, 2010 18:31 Send this review to a friend
tech service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent an email to them about the Rascal software. What I got in return was a reply that said " can't see the forest for the trees" HONEST-that was the reply. I guess someone there was on the bottle when they replied. NEVER will I order from them!!! N9NPN
NC2F Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2009 04:46 Send this review to a friend
Good customer service here...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having several orders and customer service contacts with Buxcomm for various antennas and related accessories, I always experienced a positive transaction. I feel Buxcomm offers a very good quality:cost ratio of what I have purchased too. I'd recommend them to any ham looking for products they carry.
WC0D Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2009 17:37 Send this review to a friend
Never had a problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered numerous items from Buxcomm over the years and I have never had a problem with either their service or products. They also have one of the best cable wiring resource on the internet.
A71EM Rating: 1/5 Aug 10, 2009 11:55 Send this review to a friend
POOR  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Buxcomm's people are fast and they do have nice stuff to buy but the only problem they have is that they need to improve their treatment as I have suffered from a very bad treatment and for that I will never buy things from them again.

73 to all

Juma, A71EM

WA5RR Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2009 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Okay by me.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ordered some hard-to-find cables from Buxcomm. Everything was received just fine in a timely manner. Also, I ordered one cable with a bare-wire end. Guess what....I used a multimeter to trace the pins. Amazing.
WZ1P Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2009 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Cable Order  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered two six conductor mic. cables from Buxcomm. They were very low priced so I thought they might end up being garbage. When they arrived I was surprised to see that they were really high quality cables. Delivery time was about five working day's. I will order from them again.

73, Dan