Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT2K Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT2K
Palstar AT2K Reviews: 100 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $595.95
Description: A newly-designed, smaller roller inductor allows the AT2K to tune 6 Meters, while a relay-switched toroid adds the extra inductance needed for 160 Meter coverage. Newly designed capacitors feature lower minimum capacitance for improved high band performance, while maximum capacitance has been increased to 400pF for better low band performance. In addition, the Peak/Peak Hold metering from the PM2000 has been incorporated into the AT2K.
More info: http://www.palstar.com/at2k.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT2K.

KB5PQL Rating: 4/5 Jul 22, 2015 19:05 Send this review to a friend
works well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a nice tuner that takes 600 watts with zero problems. The only thing I don't like about it is the two main knobs. Compared to my Nye Viking tuner..the palstar feels a bit cheap. Other than that the tuner works well so far. I recommend this tuner.

K5ZZR Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2015 19:25 Send this review to a friend
OMG What a tuner....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought it new when they first came out and it never fails to amaze me. It turns my 75 meter horizontal loop into a monster. Everyone asks if I'm on an amp and I just say, "It's all about the tuner"..... Still looks new too.

KJ4EOZ Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2015 23:57 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the best tuner I have ever owned . tunes fast and easy . I run 1kw through it and doesn't break a sweat and holds the tune all day .

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2015 12:24 Send this review to a friend
A 160-6M tuner that works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just took delivery of a brand new AT2K, and these are advertised to work on 160 through 6M, owing to a new roller inductor design. I found it to provide a perfect match to my ladder-line fed dipole on all bands, even 6 meters. The vernier dials on the capacitors and the counter on the inductor that reads out to tenths of a turn allows you to easily set the caps and inductor to the correct values that were previously recorded. The wattmeter calibration was a bit off on both ranges, but that was easily corrected as the Palstar manual shows which pots to adjust. Note that the AT2K doesn't include a balun, but I've used it with both a DX Engineering 1:1 balun and a Palstar 4:1 balun with similar results. At the time of this posting, if you order the tuner from Palstar directly, a free balun is included with the tuner.

KP4MLF Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2015 13:14 Send this review to a friend
This is a Tonka!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is one of the best pieces of equipment i ever owned, the best way to describe it is as a Tonka!!! Very well constructed and rigid, not like those Cracker Jack ones. It is kind of pricey but the quality is untouchable. I being using this guy with a crappy G5RV antenna literally dropped in the top of my roof hidden in the shingles thanks to HOA restrictions and i made contacts from Colorado to Argentina, Cuba and Puerto Rico pretty easy no matter if is snowing outside and the G5RV is covered of snow. The only reason I don't give them a 5 is because in my opinion for the price and the lot of space inside the case they can add a Dummy load very easy.

G0SMH Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2014 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great 2KW tuner works well

W8NWN Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2014 01:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Couldn't be any better.

KM4CQG Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2014 08:01 Send this review to a friend
Tune Everthing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quality construction with quality components.

Tuned my non resonant 10 to 80 meter antenna on every band. If you take your time your SWR can be 1 to 1 even on your homes gutters.

AT2k was tested from 10 watts to 1500 watts and never failed or caused any issues.

Highly recommend if you want a manual tuner.

Ian

KC3BER Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2014 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought mine at a local hamfest about 5 months ago for $175. It was in the original box and looks brand new. It works great, tunes anything and I have had no problems with it so far. My only complaint is the light on the meter. It would look much nicer if they used a white LED bulb. That's just my opinion though. The tuner it replaced was a MFJ-993 intellituner and I can tell you that the AT2K tunes my antennas on frequencies where the MFJ-993 couldn't. I like it and highly recommend it.

ZL1CDP Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2014 02:38 Send this review to a friend
YEP! nice tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thi is a great 2KW tuner. Easy to tune / use and works very well, well built and looks great!