Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT2K Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT2K
Palstar AT2K Reviews: 110 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $595.95
Description: A newly-designed, smaller roller inductor allows the AT2K to tune 6 Meters, while a relay-switched toroid adds the extra inductance needed for 160 Meter coverage. Newly designed capacitors feature lower minimum capacitance for improved high band performance, while maximum capacitance has been increased to 400pF for better low band performance. In addition, the Peak/Peak Hold metering from the PM2000 has been incorporated into the AT2K.
More info: http://www.palstar.com/at2k.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT2K.

W8EAS Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2017 13:54 Send this review to a friend
The Cadillac of Tuners  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine used, and didn't feel necessary to open it up (based on previous owner communication) - plug and play. Worked from day one and continues to work as expected. Using 100 watts into an end fed, tunes 80-10 easily, Bought with the idea that I will eventually buy an amplifier; the AT2K will be the right choice for that purpose.

KA2Z Rating: 0/5 Jun 9, 2017 07:48 Send this review to a friend
Cheap Junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cant believe all the glowing reviews on here for this tuner.
I ordered one. Thinking its going to be good quality.
It came, when I took it out of the box, the crank for the inductor was not moving the numbers, and the antenna selector switch was just turning without stops at each selection.
What the...
I dont care if it is a good design, these tuners are obviously being assembled by high school kids, or cheap labor that dont care less!
Feels light weight and cheap too, like an MFJ tuner.
I sent this junk right back.
I'll look on ebay for an old Johnson Viking matchbox.

KC1MK Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2017 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought a new Palstar AT2K tuner. From the reviews, it sounded like it might be just right for my station and probably the last tuner I would have to buy.
After using it for several weeks, I am very pleased with it. My main antenna is a 102' inverted V, with the center at about 20 feet and the ends at about eight feet, fed with 100' of 450-ohm ladderline into a DX Engineering 1:1 balun. Yes, not an ideal antenna, but I can make many contacts with it, and generally if I can hear them I can work them. Even with the poor band conditions lately, I have been making quite a few contacts.
The tuner is built like a tank and the workmanship inside looks very good. The controls are smooth and it is easily resettable.
I will hopefully be putting up a 250' loop at about 45 feet in a month or two, and I am sure the AT2K will handle this antenna well.

W1UFL Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2016 22:35 Send this review to a friend
Last tuner you'll ever need!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had mine for several weeks now. We had several days of storms recently. I noticed one morning that I had more of a steady s-unit noise level compared to the normal summertime static crashes like I was used to, and my settings needed a little adjustment to my normal presets. Anyway tuned it flat, talked for hours over a period of two days on 75, 40 and 20 meters. Went out on the 3rd day to check something out front and noticed my longwire on the ground. As I am retired, those couple of days the only trips outdoors were to take the dog out back. Basically this tuned my 117 foot longwire and wet grass flat, and did it with 1300 watts without issue. Yes, it will tune a wet noodle, or in my case the wet grass !! Excellent quality just like my AT1KM is. Easily takes legal limit even into a longwire laying on the ground. What a testament to the build quality and tuning abilities, albeit a bit embarrassing for me. Joe

KJ4EOZ Rating: 4/5 Apr 9, 2016 04:31 Send this review to a friend
Great other the the power meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned for almost 2 years and been a great tuner . I only have 2 Complaints with it . Cold solder joint for the lights in the meter fast fix . And that with the Power meter on the 3000 watt scale . I just picked up a new LP100A meter and The Palstar meter is off when you get to about 700 watts and more. I understand My LP100A meter is about the same price as the PalStar tuner but My Yaseu YS60 meter is right on with the LP100A . I'm only talking about the power meter , SWR meter in the Palstar is right on . Also the 300 watt scale is right on in the Palstar . Yes I tried to calibrate the 3000 watt scale but the pot would only go so far . So it is what it is . It's a tuner to me not a power meter . I have had a stand alone Palstar meter and did not like that much . Palstar I think Palstar should put a bit more time in to the meter . In the end I'm very happy with the tuner . even more then the Ten-Tec I had . But If you are looking for a great meter look at the LP100A and it's much more then a power / SWR meter even Amp protection built in .

G7NKS Rating: 4/5 Feb 28, 2016 08:09 Send this review to a friend
good ATU, internal balun a bit noisy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my AT2K for several years and mine is an early one with the internal balun for balanced lines. Using the internal balun seems to pick up some noise that is not there if I use the coax feed to an external balun. I notice on the newer models there is no internal balun. Apart from that though, this is still an excellent ATU and handles my doublets with QRO from the SPE1K and TL922 excellently. Well built and worth the money. Jim G7NKS IO92ub

SSBER Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2016 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Cheap? You've got to be kidding.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This thing is a monster. I can tune my 11 meter antenna up perfectly. Although the bulb did burn out on me, I'm fairly certain there is a spare that came with the unit. I like it a lot, but it is overkill for my modest station.

N5MNO Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2016 18:17 Send this review to a friend
n5mno  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think I could tune a fence with this tuner...love it works great on all my antennas vertical or dipole..well worth the money and a must in the shack

LB6BG Rating: 3/5 Jan 21, 2016 00:21 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As someone said before: It feels a bit cheap...
The inductor roller does not feel really smooth, but the tuning range is very good.
I give a "3" because I was expecting more from Palstar. My Ameritron ATR-30 gives me a better feeling.
The AT2K will rest as a backup in my shelf.

KA1VE Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2015 20:11 Send this review to a friend
Truly excellent tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! This is a beautifully designed, rock solid tuner, that easily handles a kilowatt and gives me a flat SWR for my dipole antennas. After I ordered it I was anxious about whether it had shipped, so called Palstar. The woman there actually walked out on the factory floor and confirmed that my particular package had just been picked up and was heading my way. It was very well packaged and arrived without incident. Great customer service. A real old fashioned business with real people who seem to care. I'm not a big reviewer in general but felt inspired by my positive experience to do this review.