Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT2K Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT2K
Palstar AT2K Reviews: 95 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$529.00
Description: A newly-designed, smaller roller inductor allows the AT2K to tune 6 Meters, while a relay-switched toroid adds the extra inductance needed for 160 Meter coverage. Newly designed capacitors feature lower minimum capacitance for improved high band performance, while maximum capacitance has been increased to 400pF for better low band performance. In addition, the Peak/Peak Hold metering from the PM2000 has been incorporated into the AT2K.
More info: http://www.palstar.com/at2k.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT2K.

W7KKK Rating: 4/5 May 21, 2013 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Nice Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had many tuners over the years and there is no doubt that this is a nice one.
However I am going to give it a 4 due to quality control in the manufacturing process.
The unit arrived from the shipper and the box was in very nice condition so there was no shipping damage.
I noted when turning the inductor that there was a slight bind and a noise that went along with it in the mid range.
Rather than ship a brand-new tuner in for warranty repair and be without I removed the cover to fix the problem myself. I found by using a straight edge on the shaft that supports the contact wheel for the inductor that it had a slight inward bend right in the middle of the coil.
After carefully correcting that bend in the shaft the inductor tunes much more smoothly throughout its range and is not a problem.
I did contact Palstar to let them know that I thought that this was a manufacturing fault and should have been caught after final assembly by simply running the controls through their full range as it would have been felt and heard.

WH7DX Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 15:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm very happy with the tuner. Well built, no problems. Created a cheat sheet for bands 10-160M with setting for AMP and Tuner and I'm in the low 1s with good Amp output with about 70% radio output.

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2013 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality - I'm Happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was impressed by the reviews of this tuner and needed something that would handle 1.5kw.

This AT2K I've owned for a couple of years and it's solid and does a great job for me. Sure, the tuner was more expensive than some others BUT the quality is there and I don't do automatic tuners. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

W0BBI Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2013 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Great performer but,  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my AT2K for several years now and it works great but I have 2 issues. The first was early after my purchase I would get some buzzing (not arching) on 160 when the additional 160 inductor was switched in via the frount panel button. Palstar's customer service was very helpful. They sent a new "shunt inductor control" board. When that did not solve the issue we replaced the "button switch" thinking that teh relay may have been the problem but it still buzzed. I just disconnected the lead to the switch the problem was solved. I can tune my 160 inverted vee fine without it. Latest problem is the decal or silk screen is flaking off the front panel for no appearent reason. I try not to touch the panel when making changes but it is still flaking off around the coax switch in particular. For these reasons I have to down grade it to a 4.

N3HYB Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2013 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Company  Time owned: more than 12 months
The United States Postal Service tried their best to smash my well packaged AT2K enroute to Michigan. They succeeded in crushing the upper right corner. I called Palstar and Eva answered the phone. She is selling me parts at cost! Find another company that does this? Their product is excellent but their service and customer support is beyond great. Thank you Eva and Paul.

N3HYB Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2013 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned two AT2k's. Not only have they both served me well but so does the company. The meter on one of my tuners became slightly off not wanting to return to zero forward watts. I sent it in and they fixed it for free serviced it and sent it back in just a few days. I have always been able to tune whatever antenna I needed to from 6 Meters to 160. These amps are dependable and backed by a caring company. If you get the chance buy one.

W1QP Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Quality Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this tuner to replace a 300W tuner from a different company due to plans to add an amplifier. When I unpacked it from the box, the high quality of the tuner was evident. This tuner blows away the previous one. I can tune more of the 80M band now where the other tuner just gave up. This tuner is more expensive than the one from the other company but it is by far of much higher quality. I can now operate on more of the bands then I was able to before. I highly recomend this tuner. Pay the price. You buy it once and you have it for life. You won't be disappointed.

N0DQS Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2013 20:45 Send this review to a friend
solid tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used the tuner for about 4 years now and very smooth and solid, I think construction is good, tunes anything I wish to tune rather easy. Much smoother more predictible than the tuner that it replaced in the shack. Handles my amp just fine.

KE4CQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2013 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Nice tuner and great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this tuner for about 1 1/2 years. I made a mistake and damaged my selector switch which required repair. Palstar replaced the switch, upgraded my knobs and performed a complete service. My tuner was promptly shipped the same day they received it! Great job Palstar!

N4NS Rating: 1/5 Jan 16, 2013 18:32 Send this review to a friend
Down grading my rating  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am down grading my rating because the voltage of the input and the output of the tuner appear on the front and rear wafers of the antenna switch. Some of the recommended tunings, especially on the 160 meter band, can cause arcing at the rated power. This was verified by disconnecting the bypass off of the front wafer (isolating the input/output), arcing stopped. Palstar should have recalled this tuner to fix this. I have order a higher rated switch for it.