Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Dishtronix Prometheus Help

Reviews Summary for Dishtronix Prometheus
Dishtronix Prometheus Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$9,250 - 14,000+
Description: Amateur Radio's First Solid-State Legal-Limit+ 160-10m HF Amplifier
Prometheus is the result of 10,000 hours of research and development over a five year period, offering serious radio amateurs unmatched performance and reliability.
More info: http://www.dishtronix.com/prometheus.html

You can write your own review of the Dishtronix Prometheus.

NN4ZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2009 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Solid State, Legal Limit, Instant On  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Solid State, Legal Limit, Instant On

"This amplifier is really a beautiful piece of workmanship"

More details at: http://www.nn4zz.com/Prometheus.htm

73, Al / NN4ZZ

W9AD Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2008 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had my Prometheus 2400L1 installed for about 2 weeks as of this writing. So far I have been very pleased with its performance. The build and design are what you might expect in a well constructed piece of commercial gear.I have found Dishtronix customer service to be superior. They want to be certain the amp is properly integrated into your system and you are totally satisfied.
So far the Prometheus has satisfied my expectations of a solid state legal limit amp. It accomplishes legal limit SSB without breaking a sweat. My preferred AM mode can be taxing on many amplifiers but the Prometheus is quite linear running legal limit AM . I do not use any tuners at all in my operation and the Prometheus will easily operate at power into any reasonable antenna load.
I frequently operate my station off site and the ability to remotely power up and band switch has been provided for. I understand there is a soon to be released computer interface that will additionally enhance its remote capabilities.
This is not an inexpensive piece of ham gear but considering what they are charging for some of the top line HF rigs, this linear amplifier is a value.