Reviews Categories | Microphones | Alinco EMS-14 Desk Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco EMS-14 Desk Microphone
Alinco EMS-14 Desk Microphone Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $180.00
Description: Flexible gooseneck condenser desk microphone with up/down controls, equalization switch, and user accessible mic gain.
More info: http://www.alinco.com

You can write your own review of the Alinco EMS-14 Desk Microphone.

AC8YJ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2015 22:17 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a big improvement over the standard hand microphone that came with the dx-sr8t. I just have it on the FM setting and get great audio reports

AA8PP Rating: 4/5 Nov 21, 2013 16:20 Send this review to a friend
Great reports!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my EMS-14 yesterday and unpacked it anxious to give it a try. Got it connected and hit the power switch, on the air light started blinking as it should. Tried the up/down buttons and again all was well. Hit the transmit button and rig keyed up no problem. Tried a couple test transmissions to see if all looked good - absolutely no audio getting thru. Adjusted the gain control all the way up, down, etc with still no audio output. I unplugged and plugged the connector back in with no change. Fiddled around a bit and found if I screwed the connector collar about 1/2 way I showed audio getting out. Took the connector apart and found the insulating sleeve was cocked and allowing a pin or two to touch the outer case when I tightened things down. I slid it back down and wrapped a little tape around it to hold it in position, reassembled it and all is well. Excellent audio reports from all who commented. If not for the minor issue it would have gotten a 5 rating.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2013 08:31 Send this review to a friend
A KEEPER FOR ME! {:>)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just picked up this microphone for use with my Alinco DR-635 dual bander in my shack.It's a great looking microphone & has nice audio.I just got tired of the hand microphone & decided I'd give one of these a try & I am not disappointed that I did. Nobody can tell any difference when I switch from the FM to SSB position on the bottom so I just leave it on the FM setting.Does everything I would want or need in a desk microphone so I think I'll keep it. {:>)

WB8RJY Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2012 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent ttansmit audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Borrowed several mics to try with my Alinco DxSr8 radio.
After on the air tests the EMS14 had some of the best quality
Of any Mic tested..Lots of audio .Very high fidelity sounding.
Audio level is adjustable with a small pot on the bottom of the Mic.You can sit back 8-10 inches and have great power output and be crystal clear , where I had to speak very close
With other mics and still not sound as good.I can highly recommend this Mic .Alinco is wired like Kenwood , so this Mic should work with Kenwood.No need to spend big bucks to get Hi fidelity sound on hf, with lots of punch.

N0LOH Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2012 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio on FM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought mine used at a hamfest. Owner said he used it on HF. I hooked it up to my Alinco dual band (VHF/UHF) mobile at home. Slid the switch to "FM" and have received nothing but great audio reports.

26JLH Rating: 4/5 May 12, 2010 15:53 Send this review to a friend
quite good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
good mike but poorly packed scrattched by plug bounceing around in the box should not have happened did not return as works ok so what the hell it does what its ment.
works well sounds good built well runs from rig power so i think its well worth the price would get another if this went wrong made for my dxsr8 so can not be bad over all pleased..jeff..m6Glh
from the uk england,alinco is very good value and quite well made and a very good price.........

F8CGZ Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2010 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Good one  Time owned: more than 12 months
This microphone working good. I'm very surprise of it. First time I use it with a TS 50, and it's give punch to your modulation. Today I'm using it with FT 450 and all the reports are the same for local or DX even I don't ask for it. People say audio is good. The sound is loud and quality constant. I don't use any compresor with it, in this case it's become worth.
Easy to adjust, just turn the resistor at the back. Buttons for up and down maybe are a little bit fragile.
73's Vincent