Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System
W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$219.99
Description: Use a Single Box to Route your Rack or W2IHY Audio Gear Output to Multiple Radios, Amplifier, and Speaker System.
iplus technology allows routing of your external Rack or W2IHY audio to 3 radios. No more disconnecting and reconnecting your rack to separate radios. Just select your radio and play!

More info: http://w2ihy.com

You can write your own review of the W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System.

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2013 14:19 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Julius has done it again, supplied a much needed piece of very well made and functional hardware for the ham shack,
sure beats swapping mics,
my ears are shot, I use a TELEX D-950 headset with a HEIL HC-5 insert, been using same for 25 yrs, problematic swapping the gear to other rigs, this I-Plus makes it very easy, if you have a favorite mic that is suitable for multi rigs, this is the gadget to use,
Cheers
Dennis VK4SX
I must add, I wired one of Larrys, Mr Pecker Electronics pecker tune modulator into the circuit, as i use a 12yr old MKV and a TENTEC ONMI VII, all works a treat.

N2YXW Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2011 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Great product and great service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I added an i-plus to switch my icom 7800, 7410 and 7000 with my rack audio gear. The added benefit is the amp keying. Just a turn of the dial to switch radios! As with my other W2IHY gear, eq plus and 8 band eq, the customer service that Julius provides is second to none. Emailed questions are answered promptly and he always has other bits of info to help you along.

LA2RRA Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2011 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Added this nice Iplus to my 8eq and now only one micke to my K3 and Ts-950sdx.
Superb Julius thanks for this great product, de Lars M La2rra

KA1KLA Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2009 09:22 Send this review to a friend
Just great!  Time owned: months
I use it with my Orion,Yaesu FT 2000 and Icom IC 7800 with the 8 band and EQ plus works 100%
Another great product from Julius W2IHY

WA8EBM Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2009 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Use it with the FT-2000 rear rca mic connector, K3 rear rca mic connector and IC756ProIII front mic connector. Works great and no ground loop problems at all among the radios, 8 band equalizer, EQ Plus and PR40 microphone. It sure simplifies connecting one optimized audio chain to 3 radios. Julius is right at the top with customer support. First gear I ordered from him was the 8 band as a kit--no kits in stock so sent me wired one for same price-that locked me in as a customer.

K3UR Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2008 09:58 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING AUDIO GEAR  Time owned: months
As "The Setup Specialist, W2IHY Audio Gear", I can attest to the outstanding quality that goes into everyone of Julius Jones' audio gear, which includes the 8 Band EQ, EQplus, Iplus and the I Box.

I have been a beta tester for all of these pieces of audio gear and they are truly top notch and for the person that wants to step up to the next level and improve their audio, this is the best hassle free way to go.

With an iron clad warranty, RFI protection and the best reputation that you could ever find for any Amateur Radio product, I highly endorse all of these products that were designed by Julius Jones W2IHY.

Feel free to contact me for an on the air recording (using Audition by Adobe) and a graph of your audio (using SpectraPlus). I can quickly get you to enhance your audio and attain an outstanding sound, that will be the envy of those that hear you. Thank you.

John Occhipinti, K3UR
The Setup Specialist, W2IHY Audio Gear
The Voice of Atlanta

KW4CQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2008 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Total radio switching solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After years of having to go behind the operating desk to change cables when switching between my transceivers I decided to order the iPlus box from Julius, W2IHY. The iPlus, as designed, is intended to provide swithing for the mic and speaker audio and the PTT control lines between up to three transceivers, and it does that extremely well.

However, I also needed to have the iPlus box switch the RF output of my two transceivers (a Flex 5000A and a Yaesu FTDX-9000C) going into my linear amplifier - something I still had to do manually.

I worked out a simple solution using a high quality RF coxial switch called the A/B Station Selector (available from TopTen Devices). This is a two port 12 vdc coax switch that has 80 dB of port to port isolation DC to 30 MHz.

Using the unused row of RCA phono speaker jacks on back of the iPlus, an RCA phono shorting plug, and some RCA phono cables I managed to coble together a total plug-and-play switching solution. Now I can instantly switch total control (inputs and outputs) between my two transeivers with the simple flick of a switch. It makes over-the-air A/B testing between radios a real breeze.

I would be happy to provide wiring details to anyone who may be interested in duplicating this setup. Just drop me an email.

73, Bob KW4CQ

W5GI Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2008 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Must have for multi rig stations  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used many different types of multi rig control devices. My most recent setup included 3 UB802 mixers which worked well.

I replaced the mixers with the Iplus. The change was dramatic on several fronts:

1. Ease of operation
2. Elimination of RFI from my audio devices.

I'm sold. Julius has done it again.

A great product, with lots of utility, easy to use and great support when needed.

WM2P Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2008 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Idea and product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the good fortune of meeting Julius at Hamvention and he is really as nice as he sounds on the phone. My problem was that I have three rigs and with my voice I need EQ to sound good on VHF/UHF simplex as well as SSB HF. I have a deep monotone voice which is especially not suited to Icom radios.

Prior to learning about the iplus I had the EQplus and 8 Band Equalizer only on one rig. I got great audio reports on that rig but not so great on my other two rigs. Luckily I saw that Julius had developed a handy device that allows me to hook up all three radios (5 with two iplus boxes) to the EQplus and 8 Band Equalizer. Now I get really great audio reports no matter what rig or mode I use, even my Yaesu 817 which some hams sounds better than my more expensive rigs now. :)

One other great feature of the iplus is that I can now use my amp with both of my big rigs since the iplus has amp keyer jacks. For ALC Julius suggested that I use one of the unused audio channels which worked out real well for me.

I have been able to greatly simplify my audio setup and now I just turn a knob to whatever radio I want to use and my mic, PTT switches, amp keyer, ALC line and output audio
are switched to the radio in use. The best part is no RFI issues or degradation of audio. I am enjoying the great unsolicited audio reports I am now getting on all rigs and modes.

My only problem is now that I have all of his gear and it never seems to break, I have to make up excuses to talk to Julius again. Although the iplus is new, I have been using the other W2IHY gear for a year. I have done a considerable amount of testing with hams who know audio, one even has some grammys for his recordings of well know jazz stars, and all easily notice the great improvement of audio quality with the W2IHY gear switched in. I am not looking for ESSB but rather good clean sound that is easy to listen to and louder than others in a pile up.

WW2NT Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2008 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding in every way!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently had the opportunity to buy an I Plus from W2IHY, Julius Jones, and my experience was extraordinary. The quality is first class and his patient advice on the telephone was priceless. I received the I Plus the day after I spoke with him, installed it in minutes and it works flawlessly. Thank you Julius!

Neil