Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System
W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$219.99
Description: Use a Single Box to Route your Rack or W2IHY Audio Gear Output to Multiple Radios, Amplifier, and Speaker System.
iplus technology allows routing of your external Rack or W2IHY audio to 3 radios. No more disconnecting and reconnecting your rack to separate radios. Just select your radio and play!

More info: http://w2ihy.com

You can write your own review of the W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System.

WM2P Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2008 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Idea and product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the good fortune of meeting Julius at Hamvention and he is really as nice as he sounds on the phone. My problem was that I have three rigs and with my voice I need EQ to sound good on VHF/UHF simplex as well as SSB HF. I have a deep monotone voice which is especially not suited to Icom radios.

Prior to learning about the iplus I had the EQplus and 8 Band Equalizer only on one rig. I got great audio reports on that rig but not so great on my other two rigs. Luckily I saw that Julius had developed a handy device that allows me to hook up all three radios (5 with two iplus boxes) to the EQplus and 8 Band Equalizer. Now I get really great audio reports no matter what rig or mode I use, even my Yaesu 817 which some hams sounds better than my more expensive rigs now. :)

One other great feature of the iplus is that I can now use my amp with both of my big rigs since the iplus has amp keyer jacks. For ALC Julius suggested that I use one of the unused audio channels which worked out real well for me.

I have been able to greatly simplify my audio setup and now I just turn a knob to whatever radio I want to use and my mic, PTT switches, amp keyer, ALC line and output audio
are switched to the radio in use. The best part is no RFI issues or degradation of audio. I am enjoying the great unsolicited audio reports I am now getting on all rigs and modes.

My only problem is now that I have all of his gear and it never seems to break, I have to make up excuses to talk to Julius again. Although the iplus is new, I have been using the other W2IHY gear for a year. I have done a considerable amount of testing with hams who know audio, one even has some grammys for his recordings of well know jazz stars, and all easily notice the great improvement of audio quality with the W2IHY gear switched in. I am not looking for ESSB but rather good clean sound that is easy to listen to and louder than others in a pile up.

WW2NT Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2008 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding in every way!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently had the opportunity to buy an I Plus from W2IHY, Julius Jones, and my experience was extraordinary. The quality is first class and his patient advice on the telephone was priceless. I received the I Plus the day after I spoke with him, installed it in minutes and it works flawlessly. Thank you Julius!

Neil
WW2NT

W6AAV Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2008 09:03 Send this review to a friend
A must have addition to your multi radio set up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just receive the I-Plus from Julius two days ago and it was a very simple instaliation to my existing 8 Band EQ and EQ Plus I already have in-line. The I-Plus itself is made of the same quality as his other products which you could not ask for more! I use three radios which each one requires different levels to drive my amp properly, so not only being able to switch to other radios, the ability to adjust each radios output level is great. Having the ability to just turn one knob and the external speaker, amp and PTT follow to each radio is just fantastic! If you are already running Julius's other equipment with multiple radios and get tired of reaching behind the boxes to switch between radios or using other types of audio gear, the I-Plus is a must have addition to your shack. As always, Julius has done it again and provided a great product with great flexibilty. Thanks again Julius!