Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | JetStream JTB4 Help

Reviews Summary for JetStream JTB4
JetStream JTB4 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$89.95
Description: 144/440/50 Mhz Fiberglass Verticle

You can write your own review of the JetStream JTB4.

K8LEN Rating: 4/5 Nov 8, 2011 10:44 Send this review to a friend
GOOD ANTENNA  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It works good on 2 and 6 meters but on 440 the swr is high 1.8 not comparable to the other two bands 1.2 to 1...
For the money it is reasonable..

W8STU Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2011 10:59 Send this review to a friend
GREAT FOR THE PRICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings,

I chose the Jetstream over the Comet and Diamond antenna because of being retired and on a fixed income. I am glad I did. The antenna works great and is easy to put together. The only problem is the mast brackets are a little big and do not fit on a Radio Shack mast pipe. I had to use shims.

The antenna itself works great and is very easy to put together. I use it all most all on 6 meters to get into the six meter back bone repeater, used by NWS. I would highly recommend this antenna for someone on a budget or anyone else. This is great for the beginner or the Great Elmer's. I know it is made in China, but so are Yaesu radios now. What is the difference. You cannot go wrong with this one. 73, Stu de W8STU

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2011 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At about $90, I chose this over the Diamond and Comet tri-bands and I'm glad I did. After cutting 13" off the 6M radial, it's 1.2 at 51.4 MHz and 1.8 at 50 and 53 MHz, so it's really useable across the band. For safety's sake, I'd start with cutting 11" like the instructions say. It's under 1.5 from 420 to 469 MHz (1.1 at 447), 1.0 at 146.3 MHz and about 1.3 at the band edges on 2M.

Construction seems to be on a par with the 2/440 Diamond and Comet antennas that I own. You can buy it on eBay but you can save about $10 buying it direct from the ham. Google Jetstream JTB4 and you'll find his website. The U-bolts are a little too big to fit a TV mast, but some washers or oversize bolts added snug it right up.

Howard
WB4GUD

K0CN Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2010 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Great VHF/UHF antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I mounted this antenna at 40 feet on a pole at the top of my house. This antenna replaced a 2M Ringo Ranger that I have had for years. The obvious gain was the addition of 6m and 70cm.

The 6m band operated very well with Es openings allowing me to easily work the Southeast and West coast with about 100 watts (the antenna is advertised to handle 200 watts). The antenna had a flat SWR on 50 to 54 MHz. On 2m, the antenna performed as well or better than the Ringo. I am able to hear and work repeaters at 40 to 50 miles with ease. I did not previously have a 70cm antenna so have no basis for comparison, but I have been able to easily work several of the repeaters in the Twin Cities at 30 miles away, so am very pleased with it's performance.

A very impressive, well constructed, high quality antenna at a very good price. In my opinion, this antenna is definitely a winner!

VE3WMB Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2010 06:39 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this little vertical up at my cottage for almost a year and I am very impressed with the quality and performance.
I have it mounted on a 10 foot length of TV mast attached to the deck so it is no more than about 20 feet above the surrounding terrain and it allows me to hit some key 2m/70m repeaters about 30 miles away over pretty hilly terrain. It also makes a dandy receive antenna for Weather Radio channels and FM broadcast. I recently made my first 6m CW contact on this antenna with a station near Atlanta, GA.

The price was almost half the cost of comparable Diamond and Comet models with similar specs. It has withstood some pretty severe weather with high winds and icing that caused us to lose electric power on a few occasions. From what I can tell from the SWR indication on my Yaesu FT-897D, it looks like the SWR is pretty flat across 2m/70cm and 6m.

What more can I say, it is rugged, reasonably priced and performs as advertised. I like it so much, I am thinking about getting a second one for my home station.

Michael VE3WMB

VA3ZXN Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2009 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used for over a year and a half in a previous very high TV tower, was getting close to 100KM range on 2M. Now in my attic of my condo I still have excellent gain on all advertised bands, I am recently working 6M FM and USB with lots of success locally. I was extremly impressed with the super low cost of this unit compared to other tri-bands, and really happy with the build quality compared to other similar models from other manufacturers.

N0RWW Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2008 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Great value antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have mine temporarily mounted on 15 feet of pipe in the backyard, and fed through 50' of LMR400. Fantastic performance! On 50.125, I've been picking up Arizona, the Carolinas, and Virginia during band openings. I'm 30 miles from the local 2m repeater, and have no problem getting to it with the JTB4. Before, I would have to use a 3-element Yagi to make the same strength connection. During good 2m propagation, I've talked to Omaha from the Mississippi River, and on APRS, I can get a ring of beacons starting 90 miles out, and going as far as 250 miles away.

There are few 440 repeaters in my area, so I haven't tried that part of it.

I'm very pleased with my JTB4, and will soon be moving it to a rooftop position, for even better coverage.

VA3KAI Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2008 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna for the money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very similar to a Comet GP-15 (tri-band gain vertical) for 50 (2.15 db), 144 (6.2 db) and 440 (8.4 db) Mhz bands. Mine has been up at 30' for 10 months (high winds, snow and some ice build-up) and no problems. Great signals to distant FM repeaters (144/440) and simplex as well as good 6M ssb/cw contacts during skip openings. Used in conjunction with my TS-2000 and Comet CFX-514 triplexer up to 100W on 6M & 2M and 50W on 440 mhz. Flat match everywhere (even across whole 6M with TS-2000 internal matching unit.) Cost is way less than Comet and other similar products. Can't go wrong with this one!

KC9MSA Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2008 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Super high gain, better than the Diamond X50A  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Nice antenna, hot gain, and it does 6 meter!!!