Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G4ZLP DigiMaster MiniPro (USB) Help

Reviews Summary for G4ZLP DigiMaster MiniPro (USB)
G4ZLP DigiMaster MiniPro (USB) Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $52.99GBP/84.99EU/107.99USD
Description: Hi performance, fully isolated USB DATA interface, for ALL present and future afsk Digital DATA modes. Including PSK RTTY PSK SSTV and dozens more. For use with ALL afsk DATA software including, HRD, DM780, MixW, DigiPan, WSJT, etc. Uses fully encapsulated processional quality 600 ohm isolating transformers in both TX and RX lines to ensure highest quality performance, second to none.
More info: http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/unified/DM_MiniPRO_complete.shtml

You can write your own review of the G4ZLP DigiMaster MiniPro (USB).

HA5OLA Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Fine product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I wanted to start with digi modes, purchased to be used with Kenwood TS-870. I was a bit worried about setting up. It took about 3 minutes... I am using it with Win XP, which is actually running "inside" Ubuntu 12.04 with VirtualBox, still works flawlessly. Within 1 minute QSO with Ukraine. Tried with HRD and UR5EQF also. I really appreciate Neil's quick answers and help. Nowadays I am astonished to see when a manufacturer answers me at 8:00PM in an e-mail so I know I am not sending my order to a computer only! Shipped next morning!

G3VIR Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent low cost interface  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this interface last November and I found it very easy to install without problems. I originally used it with my Yaesu FT-757GXII and more recently I have been using it with my new FT-950. This interface has performed perfectly for me. It is very well built and the instructions that came with it were very clear. Since I have had it I have worked 108 DXCC countries on data modes. What has really surprised me is that it seems to be able to decode stations that don't seem to be there. Now that can't be bad. I would recommend this to anyone. I really can't fault it.

2E0DNO Rating: 4/5 Apr 4, 2013 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Digimaster minipro interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a keen QRP Portable operator and was looking for a small no nonsense interface for data mode operation. The G4ZLP Digimaster Minipro was just the job. Very small and easy to carry, it sets up in minutes on my Portable Netbook. I had no problems at all setting it to work with HRD and Windows XP. Well worth the money.

G7VKX Rating: 1/5 Sep 16, 2012 06:57 Send this review to a friend
Way too much hassle!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had real problems using it with my soundcard based data software, intructions about as clear as mud & I also got me some RF issues with the supplied USB cable (non screened) Ditched it for a quality item.

G6IMT Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2012 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of kit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been using the DigiMaster MiniPro for about a year or so now so thought I should post a review.

Despite the aged call, I was totally new to data modes when I bought this unit but setting it up was fairly straight forward (took a lot longer to figure out my DM780 software!).

After several hundred QSOs (mainly PSK) I'd almost forgotten it was there so I've turned it round so I can see the red light come on when I transmit :-). This is an excellent piece of kit that just sits on the shelf and works.

I run QRP (circa 1.5W according to my external power meter) from an FT-817ND into a height-compromised off-centre wire dipole for 40-6 metres but I've managed to work the US, the Azores and all over Europe, right out to Asiatic Russia. I hope to get further as the bands improve.

Highly recommended.

I should also add my thanks to Randy (K7AGE) for his PSK tutorial videos on YouTube - well worth a look if you're new to the game.

G0EQF Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2010 00:09 Send this review to a friend
Recommended  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't normally bother to write reviews but felt that this one was well desreved.
I have used the DigiMaster MiniPRO now for over 6 months and I have found it easy to use, was simple to set up and I get consitently great reports. I use it with my 857D for PSK, SSTV (on HF and VHF) and sometimes RTTY.
I previously owned a G3LIV interface that did pretty much the same as this but when it failed after just 6 months I wanted to replace it with a better value for money alternative. AND I FOUND ONE (found it by accident really) via the Ham Radio Deluxe sponsors page! I asked around and discovered that this interface is used by quite a few clubs in the UK.
It uses the same USB chip and drivers and does everything the old one did (I think the MiniPRO may have better performance esp for SSTV?) at almost half the price. I am a very happy customer.
John T

SCRUFFYONIONS Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2010 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Faultless  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned this now for just over three years.
In this time it hasnt missed a beat.
Excellent quality, not the cheapest, but you certainly do get what you pay for.
Installing the drivers was a breeze and was using digimodes within 20 minutes of setting it up.
Very fast shipping too. Did I mention that I was happy with the product?

2E0SAU Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2010 06:31 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This little box of tricks opens up a whole new world out there. The digital modes I have tried all worked flawlessly and setting up the unit was so easy. All the correct leads for my radio were included and it was simply a case of pluging in, downloading the driver and it was up and running.
The price is very good too as it is well made and housed in a sturdy metal enclosure and should stand up to any knocks and bumps from portable use. An added bonus at the moment(March 2010) is a free USB sound card with every interface. This was plugged into my laptop,Windows XP automatically set it up and after connecting to the Mini Pro we were up and running. MAGIC !!
All in all a nice piece of kit, well worth the money.

G3URA Rating: 1/5 May 9, 2009 16:26 Send this review to a friend
More trouble than it's worth  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a new interface to use with the Icom7k and after reading up on this interface thought that this unit would do the job. The construction of the actual unit is fine but the instructions for getting it to work are lamentable. I am not a computer expert and was unable to get Windows XP to install the drivers automatically as stated. Trying to install the drivers manually resulted in any 'Next' option buttons being greyed out. The 'Device Manager' help pages were also very misleading. Following the instructions 'to the letter' resulted in a series of yellow question marks rather than the 'virtual' Com Port number expected. The instructions also expect you to be able to 're-map' this virtual Com Port if you ever succeed in getting it working. Eventually an experienced colleague spent some time resolving these issues and getting the unit to work.
This unit is not for the fainthearted.

With the same laptop and the same PSK software (Digipan), I used a G3LIV interface and had no trouble installing drivers and had everything working within minutes.

Dick. G3URA (SV0XBN)

ON4CCU Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2009 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Flawless  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've never been really interested in digi modes (too much hassle for me, lazy as I am), but when I started using Ham Radio Deluxe as a logging program a couple of months ago, I got intrigued by the digi mode capabilities of this program...looked rather easy to use...just needed the right hardware to connect my 756Pro2, so I did some reading to see how I could finally become a "true all mode HF station" after 20 years of hamming ;-)

The G4ZLP DigiMaster MiniPro wasn't too expensive (I wouldn't have been heavily ripped-off if it wouldn't work ;-)), and it got some good comments, so that was going to be the one (must admit that I already had a CAT cable from the same company, which works very well).

The MiniPro arrived a couple of days after the order, well packed, with the right cables. Downloaded the instruction sheet from G4ZLP's website, and had a brief look at the HRD DM780 user guide for the software settings...to my surprise, I made my first PSK-31 QSO 15 minutes after opening the shipping box (the other station must have thougt I was a bit of a retard, unprepared as I was for anyone to answer my test call). Many more followed right after, slightly better organized after I set some macro's in HRD. Very easy to use in combination with DM780 (haven't tried any other s/w).

So, 60 euros (plus shipping) well spent to get me onto a new mode.

Kind regards, Bart