Reviews Categories | Microphones | Astatic EchoMax 2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Astatic EchoMax 2000
Astatic EchoMax 2000 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $150.00
Description: The ASTATIC EchoMax 2000 is a communications desk microphone with digital echo effects and ETS (End of Transmission Signal). The use of modern digital microprocessor technology means that the echo effects have superior fidelity, clarity, and do not degrade with different settings of delay time. The EchoMax 2000 features two different digital echo effects and two unique digitally generated ETS tones. It has a headphone output for easy setting of effects, and an analog VU meter for setting mic gain. The microphone element has been optimized for the highest quality audio with the frequency response modeled after our famous D104 microphone. The EchoMax 2000 features heavy duty steel construction and has a one year limited warranty.
More info: http://www.thomas-distributing.com/as-em2000.htm

You can write your own review of the Astatic EchoMax 2000.

MRJONES737ALEXLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2012 01:47 Send this review to a friend
The Loudest,Clean Sounding Mic Ive Ever Owned  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive experienced with the Echo Max 2000 For Over 15 years and find this mic The Greatest Sounding Mic Ive ever heard.Setting the Master gain in the back of the mic NOT being so overdriven and the effects SET at a very minable setting and understandingable,This would be a Fantastic mic. I own one brand new still in the box,Well taking care of.Never had any problems,No issues,
And it is a well Constructed Preamplified Effects Mic.And Like any Ham Operator Says Who Owns One The Best Mic Ever Used.They dont make mics like the Echo Max 2000,I you have one HOLD on to it these mics will go up in value and they are the Radio Operators Dream Mic.And For you hams who use this mic you know your knowladge of a good sounding mic.I say this mic could be for thr CBer or the well knowladged ham operators.CBERS do love it fot the LOUD MOD and The OVERKILL of the echo effects.IF used right this can be a Charm.
D.J. Chance,MR.INDIANA JONES 737 Alexandria La.

KC9MLA Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2010 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Awesome 10 Meter Mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
First of all I totally understand that this mic was made for the CB'er. That does not mean it cant be used with Ham equipment. Bought this on ebay in decent shape for 100 bucks. I will never use the echo or effects control. Dont need it. I have to say I have never received such good audio reports until now. People that I always talk to have asked me if I stepped up and bought a real radio. I tell them No, just a real microphone. I will never sell this. A real keeper. I use it on 10 meters. A 10+++

BARRYED Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2010 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Best cb mic I have ever used.

31DELTA90 Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2009 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Flawless  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this mic on my ft-101ee for three years now, and every contact thinks I'm running a Heil. Who needs to spend $300 for a microphone? Only suckers. Thanks Astatic of a great sounding microphone.

AC9HE Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2009 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Great audio sound  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a licensed ham and can recognize quality in a mic and this microphone I have owned for nearly 20 years is a very well built, solid, good sounding audio microphone. Mine has never produced bad audio only clear crisp audio, never sounds overmodulated and drives the radio clean. So if you can come across one of these don't listen to the people that just want to shoot down a product because it was produced with 11 meter in mind. This mic is a well known in the radio circles, if you can get one consider yourself lucky. I have at least 10 desk microphones that are three times the price of this unit that are great, but they don't produce the same digital audio that this microphone will. Great value for what you pay for in this day and age.

W3TEZ Rating: 1/5 Jul 13, 2009 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
i bought one in my cb days. great mic from the start, after while it squealed then the effects gain started doing funny scratchy sounds on adjustment. worst of all, the connector that goes on to the nine volt battery for connection loves to short out and every once in a while has to be replaced, after while this is a nusiance.

SC526 Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2009 06:13 Send this review to a friend
What more could a person want from a CB Mic?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been collecting mics over the years and I would have to say the EchoMax 2000 is my favorite. In my collection I have the Turner Expander 500, Astatic Silver Eagle, Turner SSB +2, Turner Super Sidekick, Cobra DynaMike Plus desk Mic, and the Astatic EchoMax 2000. Each mic has its own characteristics and personality (voice tone, looks, color, shape, size ect.) Although many consider the Silver Eagle to King of mics, in my opinion it would come in 2nd. I think the EchoMax is King of mics. If you own one, You know the build quality. Just by picking the mic up and feeling the weight of this monster tells you something right away! Solid steel construction! The board is built with the highest quality craftsmanship I have ever seen in a cb mic. With studio quality audio, digital echo, slapback, 2 different ets tones, VU meter, headphone jack, adjustable goosneck, detachable cable, lock down key and a mic gain slider, what more could you possibly want in a cb microphone?
Last but not least, the big gold badge on the front that remindes you everytime you look at it, that its an ASTATIC and made in the USA!
If You treat you mics like I do, this will probably out live you and be passed on to the next microphone lover.

N0FPE Rating: 0/5 Oct 26, 2008 17:04 Send this review to a friend
POS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
CB microphone all the way.. Who needs echo and ET beep but a CB,er?

31DELTA90 Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2008 16:49 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Sound Hands down  Time owned: more than 12 months
With all the mics I have owned Turners, Heils, and astatics, the Echomax 2000 is the best sounding mic I have ever owned. For the price if you can find one get it, you will never go back. I will never sell mine. 73's