Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Dentron Monitor Tuner (160-10 AT 3KW) Help

Reviews Summary for Dentron Monitor Tuner (160-10 AT 3KW)
Dentron Monitor Tuner (160-10 AT 3KW) Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Full legal limit tuner rated at 3kw for 10 thru 160 meters.
Coax, balanced line, and single wire antenna hookups. A large 4/1 balun inside. Built in power meter with 0-200 forward, 0-200 reflected, and 0-2000 forward watts. Tapped inductor tuning.

You can write your own review of the Dentron Monitor Tuner (160-10 AT 3KW).

K4PVA Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2010 20:18 Send this review to a friend
A Solid Performer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking for one of these for a long time since the old Dentrons were built like battle ships. I finally got one and when I hooked it up...nothing. A closer inspection revealed that the SO-239 coax connectors were badly corroded. Well a few hours later, I got the beast open and replaced the SO-239 connectors. Next I opened up the swr bridge and calibrated the meter using the adjustable pots on the circuit board. I use a W2AU/Unidalla trap dipole for 10-80 meters. So I used my MFJ antenna analyzer to determine the settings for each band prior to hooking up my transceiver. To my surprise there were very little changes when the actual rig was used. This thing is build solid and the coils are huge. I would highly recommend one provided that you can find one. It's a keeper.

W7WX Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2008 22:39 Send this review to a friend
Good Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the earlier mentioned things about this tuner. For me it's been a good value also (in spite of the couple of minor short comings it may have). There isn't much I can't tune with it, and it loafs at legal limit...which is what I wanted. Picked mine up at a hamfest pretty reasonably priced, and in great shape. I haven't been disappointed with mine at all.

73's

K5AAC Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2008 15:18 Send this review to a friend
A great tuner for the money.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This tuner is fairly easy to use. The lack of an SWR mweter as such is not a drawback. Merely tune for low reflected power. It easily handles the power output of my Ameritron AL-1500 Amplifier with no arcing or any other problems.
It is a large tuner apprx. 9.5h x 13.25w x 17.5d in inches. The only drawback is that there is not a bypass switch. I guess one could be installed with a bit of effort. Since my wire antenna is not resonant in the areas I use, this is not a problem.