Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | icom IC 2820H Help

Reviews Summary for icom IC 2820H
icom IC 2820H Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $664.95
Description: VHF/UHF Dual band 144/440

You can write your own review of the icom IC 2820H.

VE7AGW Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2014 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Improvement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What's that old saying "you can't please all the people all the time" Every radio is going to have some deficiency but we have to look at the positives as well. Now I've owned an IC-2720H for a number years so when I needed a dual bander for the shack I went back to Icom. Knowing the features the 2720 has the newer version 2820 is very similar and this is what I was looking for. Icom hasn't had a very good microphone for a number of years so modifying it by installing one of the old Radio Shack electret element or the hifi electret found on Ebay does wonders for the frequency response. I've done this pretty well all my Icom radios with the HM-133 or HM-154. The first think is to make the hole bigger for the mic then do whatever is needed. The 2820 has better selectivity and sensitivity, not as my birdies as the 2720. I've always used my 2720 as across band repeater and the 2820 does it as well but with a much easier method of making it active.
The IC2820H is a better radio then it's predecessor.

KC0KW Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2014 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Very nice radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love this radio. The second built in receiver makes listening to multiple repeaters easy. I have had excellent performance. The stock Chinese mic is not that great. I am rather picky. But to me it sounds a little shrill and distorted. I don't use the stock mic and with the mic I use I get good reports. I have the "D" star option and like it. I plan on getting a second unit soon just for the house. I have been very pleased and like the easy to read display that is great on "D" star.

KU4MO Rating: 4/5 Feb 23, 2008 15:47 Send this review to a friend
So far so good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So far so good. I just got it two days ago. Biggest plus so far is the large easy to read screen. Biggest minus is the memory as far as I can tell is shared between both sides of the radio. If you change mem 1 then mem one one both left and right side of radio reflects the same freq.