Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X-7000 VHF/UHF/SHF Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X-7000 VHF/UHF/SHF Vertical
Diamond X-7000 VHF/UHF/SHF Vertical Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $193.00
Description: X7000
144/430/1200MHz(2m/70cm/23cm)
Gain:8.3dB(144MHz),11.7dB(430MHz),13.7dB(1200MHz)
Max. power rating:100W(144/430MHz),60W(1200MHz)
Impedance:50ohms / VSWR:Less than 1.5:1/ Length:5.0m / Radial length:approx. 52cm / Weight:2.2kg
Type: 3 x 5/8wave C-Load(144MHz),8 x 5/8wave C-Load(430MHz),14 x 5/8wave C-Load(1200MHz), FRP outershell
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_2_3.asp

You can write your own review of the Diamond X-7000 VHF/UHF/SHF Vertical.

CT1HZU Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2008 02:46 Send this review to a friend
A+  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second one. Unfortunately by the second consecutive year, Iíve suffered by a lighting hit. The first time my X-510 also by Diamond, was damage with no possible recovery. This year in March another one hit the previous X-7000 and it was more severe, since the destruction was complete! I have about 300 meters away (330 yards), a taller building, filled with communication antennas protected by a several masts, so I believe the major impact is there, but some energy is not absorbed and goes to whatever is near and also high, otherwise I donít have a better explanation why 2 years in a row Iíve been hit! Well, but although itís rated only for 100 Watts maximum on VHF, which is fair since, for the propose of verticals on these bands, itís not quite understandable to use more power. If needed for some reason, we all know that one should use directional antennas instead. The materials are very good and although the connections between sections seems to be weather proof, I used UV resistant tape (bottom to top) along the connections, to provide additional protection against water. Last winter, still with the first X-7000, the winds blown severely. During one night we had gusts of 120 Km/h (75 mph). The antenna was almost horizontal, but on the other day with calmer winds, It was there like nothing happened.
The antenna does very well the job even on 1.2 Ghz.
73ís de
CT1HZU

IK0WRB Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2008 13:28 Send this review to a friend
A very reliable antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I installed this antenna 15 years ago on the roof of my building and it is still there.
When I bought it, I was planning some activities on the 23 cm band, but later I did nothing there, so I have been using this antenna on the 2 mt and 70 cm bands only.
It is a great performer and people around my town are always surprised by the strength of my signals.
When I began using packet, I used to connect to a 70 cm node 50 km away, and I used only 100 mW or so.
Ok, part of the performance is certainly due to the cable I installed, 30 mt of Aircom Plus, but I never complained about the performances of this antenna.

Many years ago, very strong winds hit my zone and all tv antennas were wiped out from the roofs. I gave a look at the X-7000H and it was laying in horizontal position. I could have done some SSB at the moment, HI...
When the wind was over, the antenna was again perfectly vertical and working as before, without any maintenance.

In 15 years I unmounted it only once, for a cable change. The only thing I am noticing now, is that the reddish color is turning grey in the upper part, but it works as it has always been doing for the many years I owned it.

I think that the money for this antenna (not cheap in Italy at the time) has resulted in a real bargain.

I don't know how the other verticals work, but I can advice this one to everyone.
Just great and reliable!

IK0WRB

VR2XMQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2008 19:22 Send this review to a friend
Monster Gain Triband Vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Diamond X-7000 vertical antenna is a tribander for 144/430/1200MHz (2m/70cm/23cm). It has good gain figures for all three bands: 8.3dB(144MHz),11.7dB(430MHz),13.7dB(1200MHz)

The Max. power rating:100W(144/430MHz), 60W(1200MHz)

Rated wind velocity:40m/sec. / Mast diameter accepted:30mm to 62mm / Connector:N as standard

Type: 3 x 5/8wave Center-Loaded(144MHz),8 x 5/8 wavelength Center-Loaded(430MHz),14 x 5/8 wavelength Center-Loaded(1200MHz)

It has a red colored FRP outershell which is quite different from the usual black or white colors normally found.

This is a monster size vertical for V/U/SHF at 5M length and there is nothing to tune, just put it together and up on a mast, flat across all bands and brings in all the signals. Good choice.

Steve, VR2XMQ / VR10XMQ