Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Slinky Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Slinky Antenna
Slinky Antenna Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $19.95 to $119.95
Description: A Slinky® is a toy and a science class tool made from a flexible 90 turn spring coil with a diameter of 2 3/4 inches. Each Slinky coil contains approximately 67 feet of spring steel wire and weighs about ˝ pound. When a Slinky is compressed, it is only 1/1.4” long, but it can be stretched into a helix as long as 15 feet in length without becoming deformed .

An antenna made from Slinky coils -is light weight and simple to put up and if need be out of sight.
Slinky type antennas are great for improved broadcast. and, short-wave listening. Another use is for ham radio transmitting in a limited space environment or outdoors where the antenna can be many times smaller than a regular dipole, long wire, inverted vee or vertical antenna.
More info: http://slinkyantennas.com/

You can write your own review of the Slinky Antenna.

KR4GX Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2009 22:55 Send this review to a friend
BEST bang for the buck!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I live in an antenna restricted covenant loaded neighborhood. I saw the slinky 80-10 model on their Ebay store. I love the fact that it has a built in coax choke balun so I don't have to worry about that mess. It's plug n play. Each leg stretches out about 15 feet. I have it hanging in my attic horizonally across the rafters with support string. My SWR is below 1.5 on all of 40m and flat across all of 15m. I can load every HF band except 10m. Yes, that includes 160. I use the MFJ-949. It's effective down to 80 as advertised. I've worked several states with it and Latin America as well as several Euopean countries. I mainly hang out on 40m PSK31 but I do some SSB as well. I got the black oxide one. When compressed, it fits in your hand. Next time I think I'd get the 160-10 but it probably wouldn't fit in my attic. At $29.99 this is the BEST HF antenna investment I've ever made.