Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Daiwa CN-801 V Help

* Frequency range: 140 - 525MHz
* Power range: 20/200W
* SWR Detection sensitivity: 5W minimum
* Input/Output impedance: 50 ohm
* Input/Output connectors: SO239 (M)
* Size: 109H x 155W x 120Dmm
* Weight: 1000g

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CN-801 V.

DONMTEXAS Rating: 2/5 Sep 8, 2015 13:11 Send this review to a friend
Ok meter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This meter needs help in the calibration department. It says that my Kenwood tm-v71 a is putting out 65 watts! Doubtful at best as it is factory rated at 50 watts max out! The lighting is good. I use it as a nightlight in the shack. Plenty of light to operate my radio with the lights out. The face is large and easy to read. With the watts out being so far off I wonder about the accuracy of the reflected side.

AD5HD Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2015 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Accurate enough  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Does what Daiwa says it will. Robust against transient overdrive. Well built and looks to be tough enough to run mobile if needed although it's kinda big for that. Illumination is very bright, would be helpful if it had a dimmer or a dimmer switch but that's picking nits.

CR7000 Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2012 12:08 Send this review to a friend
Good meter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A good meter, lovely large display and illumination.

Reads accurate enough for home use, and very close readings when compared to other high accuracy meters.

Its all i need for my VHF / UHF section of the station.

Will take some beating for the price.

K9MHZ Rating: 2/5 Feb 9, 2011 00:43 Send this review to a friend
OK, but definitely not great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have to totally disagree with the "accurate" praises given to this meter.....it's marginal at best. It does look good in a shack, and does an adequate job, assuming that's all you're interested in.

If you want true accuracy though, avoid this meter.....it just isn't a high quality item. You're much better off with a Bird 43, which can be purchased used in NOS condition from auction sites.

N8YN Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2010 21:27 Send this review to a friend
I love this meter. Very accurate and well made.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very accurate and well built. Great looking, well lit with very large and easy to read scale. I have owned several Daiwa meters for 2m/440 and this is the best ever by them in my opinion.

KF4ULD Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2010 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied with this  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I must admit I have not calibrated this so I don't know how accurate it is but it's very nicely made and evenly back-lit and does what i bought it for. It's a very nice addition to my shack and I moved a radio off of a J Pole antenna as a result of the SWR and reflected power I was getting from it so I'll consider it as having payed for itself as I would have for surely burned out the finals in the aforementioned rig. MC / KF4ULD

AB4BC Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2009 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Very accurate and great looks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just arrived yesterday and couldn't be more pleased. Classy look, SWR and power measurement seems to be right on. The size of the meter is impressive, you'll have no difficulty reading the meter. The switched LED lighting is great and very bright. I actually liked the arrangement of the input/output connections unlike the previous review....antenna at the bottom and input at the top because my Aircom coax comes up through the floor and my 1' jumper from the meter to my FT-7900 falls directly in line with the output connector on the rig. The weight of the semi-rigid coax doesn't budge the meter and I can only attribute this to the anti-slip rubber side guards. So this was a positive attribute for me. I highly recommend.

IW2CZG Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2008 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Nice Power/SWR meter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a huge and accurate Power/SWR meter for the VHF and UHF bands.

Its crossed needles provides convenient readings of your TX situation.
It's lighted by two white LEDs, so no fear to burn the bulbs.

It looks wery well assembled and comes with two rubber vertical "gaskets" that adds protection and avoid slippering of the instrument.

I give no 5 because the two "N" connector are placed in vertical, so in certain conditions you can experiment the lifting of the meter by the weight of the two coax cables.

Best 73 de Luca - IW2CZG