Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Aether (Logger) by Andrew Madsen Help

Reviews Summary for Aether (Logger) by Andrew Madsen
Aether (Logger) by Andrew Madsen Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$39.00
Description: Aether is a ham radio logging application for Mac OS X. Aether includes tools
to quickly and easily log QSOs while on the air, as well as organize, search
and track your QSOs later. Aether was designed for Mac OS X, and has the
same kind of clean, intuitive, friendly interface you've come to expect on the
Mac.
More info: http://www.aetherlog.com/

You can write your own review of the Aether (Logger) by Andrew Madsen.

K5ICW Rating: 4/5 Dec 4, 2014 04:30 Send this review to a friend
Easy Apple Simplicity  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this software through Apple. It is simple and straightforward and does the job in a workman like fashion. It takes a little time at first to figure out the ins and outs. Lots of experimental button pushing is required to get a sense of how everything works.

The BIG MINUS is there is no apparent product support. I e-mailed the vendor with a few simple questions and received NO RESPONSE.

For what it is worth department-- SkookumLogger is a free software that is about as good and easy to use as Aether Logger. Aether Software has a little easier learning curve though but not by much.

When using a PC I found the N3FjP the best and easiest basic contesting software around.

That's my opinion and some may disagree.

VK3BGS Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2014 11:26 Send this review to a friend
Just missing one thing  Time owned: more than 12 months
Aether is a great logger no doubt about that. Its the best I have found for OS X. It gets information from the QRZ XML server and also frequency, mode and power from my TS590S, leaving me to only fill in the call sign, signal reports and any comments. How easy is that.! I have only found one issue that has not been addressed so far and that is entering details for a QSL manager or route. Have found a work around for this but its somewhat of a pain to do. All other features are great and work well. Like others I only wish for more amateur related software for OS X.

K1CNF Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2014 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As a Mac user, I am often frustrated with the lack of options available to Hams, but this software installs and runs great! Performs as described. Downloads easily from the App store. Uploaded my adif files easily. Once I corrected some LoTW issues on my end, it automatically updates info to both LoTW and eQSL. I think it stays true to form with a lot of the Mac interface features. Very pleased.

K0FNS Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2012 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Works Flawlessly  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It installed easily and works great on my Macbook Air under OSX Lion. I especially like the fact that it will upload to LOTW and EQSL with a single mouse click! It shows how many times I have worked a station, and will look up the info on QRZ.com. Many features and a great price!
I downloaded it via the App Store, so my computer checks for updates too! It also imported my log from a windows program.

VK4JAZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2012 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous logging program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used many logging programs over the years and I must say, this one has to be one of the best. I chose it because I needed one to run on my iMac. Previously I was using Windows or Linux-based computers. The program downloaded and installed flawlessly and imported ALL my previous qso's - something most other logging programs have failed to do. At least not without heaps of errors that I would have to manually correct.

The only trouble I had initially was getting LoTW set up to sync automatically. This was't the fault of the program but my certificates from the AARL. And to be fair to them, they answered my queries on the turn and supplied me with a brand new certificate that 'just loaded' into Aether with one click of the mouse. Most impressive.

Also most impressive was the attention Andrew gave me while I was figuring out how to solve this glitch. What more can one ask for? A true gentleman and great to do business with.

I am very pleased with my decision to use this program.

M0AZE Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2012 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Great progress  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this logging program for some time. Andrew is very responsive to 'good' feedback. Given time this will outclass other Mac logging programs. It's straight forward to use - I have not integrated with my txcvr yet.

If you own a Mac and looking for something that's straightforward with lots of bells and whistles - this is for you. Great price as well.

K1GDI Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2012 21:25 Send this review to a friend
This is all a Mac operator needs .  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had this program for 24 months now and after two e mails to Andrew, which he answered within an hour including Christmas Day I am very pleased. Enjoy the award logging feature and the distance and direction indication for my beam headings. Instant dupe indicator and eqsl and lotw work great.
Mac software for ham radio is not as abundant as the pc but I don't know what else I am missing.
I think he is giving it away for $39.

ZL1CDP Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2011 12:57 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic program - Fantastic support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a user of Aether for around 18 months, and have to say that Andrew and the Aether team offer not only an absolutely first class product, but amazing support if there are any issues or you have any feature requests.

Keep up the great work, it's wonderful to see such a great product enabling our hobby on the Mac platform.... Just brilliant.

W9SDX Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2011 11:38 Send this review to a friend
For Mac Owners a Great Choice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The more I use Aether, the more I like it. I use it for my daily log. I can one-click from Fldigi to log my PSK31 contacts to Aether. It will update my LoTW (or eQSL) contacts, print QSL labels, bring up info from QRZ.com, etc. I am looking forward to using it in one of the many ARRL or CQ contests, or state QSO parties. It looks as nice as it performs. And the support is immediate and on-target. You owe it to yourself to try out the demo. I tried several, and for my buck, this had the best value for this Mac user.

KD2BS Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2011 16:17 Send this review to a friend
A great program for the Mac!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using Aetherlog since March after I read a short review in CQ magazine and am really pleased with it! It reads frequency info from my FT-450 and integrates easily with QRZ.com, LotW and EQSL. Andrew is very responsive and great to deal with if you have questions (I had a few). I can move data to and from other Mac loggers easily if I want, but Aetherlog has become my everyday logging program. Andrew keeps it updated and upgrading is easy! This is an excellent program for the Mac and is simple to use.