Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Harbach Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Harbach Electronics
Harbach Electronics Reviews: 30 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Great source for amplifier parts and kits
More info: http://www.harbachelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Harbach Electronics.

KA9P Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2013 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just finished installing the soft start, soft key, and HV power supply kits in my half a century old L4B. Everything fit, quality great, instructions were clear, and when I left a voicemail asking a question got a call from Jeff in an hour.

And everything worked first time.

Can't do any better than that!

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2012 11:37 Send this review to a friend
great kit and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
1978 SB220 I built now has the fan,rectifier/meter board, capacitor kit, and soft start kit. Great quality components and detailed instructions. The parts are in kit form and although they are not heath kit style assembly(guiding you hand in hand)still with basic electronics knowledge you can assemble them. I had one issue with no cathode bias when everything was buttoned up, but just resoldered the rectifier board again and replace the B- wire with a heavier one and it came up.As far as support I had checked an sb200 fan on my order form by mistake (everything else was sb220, and Jeff called me to verify which fan I wanted, since he saw the other components were sb220.That's nice service!!!

W8RID Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2012 04:48 Send this review to a friend
Great upgades and replacements  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used all of Jeff's upgrades and other parts for my Drake L-4B Amp. I have installed the SK-401 Soft Key Module. I have installed the SS-400A Soft Start Module. Most recently I have rebuilt the power supply with Jeff's PM-400A Replacement Power Supply Module. During the rebuild I replaced all the other parts that I could replace while I had it down that far.

Jeff's instructions on all the kits were very clear and descriptive. All the Kits installed with ease and no problems.

If you need parts for your Drake L-4B Amp give Jeff a call!!!

Highly recommended!!!!

4S7NS Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2011 18:02 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I JUST COMPLETED FITTING THE PW200 PS BOAD AND THE SOFT START COMBO, SS201 MODULE WITH GREAT CARE AND VERY SLOWLY. PASTING THE SS201 WAS A LITTLE CHALLENGE WHICH WAS CLEARED. THE AMP WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. AS SPARES AREDIFFICULT IN 4S7 LAND I INTEND GETTING SOME OTHER SPARES FOR THE SB200. JUST EXCELLENT THANS 4S7NS

KB2CPW Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2011 22:23 Send this review to a friend
Hand Grenade disposal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Jeff saved my life, I bought the PS board for the L4B which was easy as pie to do and a quality product. The board went together real easy and upon removing my old cap/diode boards I happened upon two axials ready to detonate in my L4B. I had to call the bomb squad to remove those from my house. Jeff's products are awesome and he just may save you from a face full of aluminum and paper and a whole lotta smoke.. The Drake works superb with his kit and the PS is much cooler and quieter.

WB8YQJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2011 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Jeff is a friendly guy with indispensible products. They are inexpensive, high in quality, install easily and the instructions are clear and complete. I bought an SB221, it was stock from 1978 in exceptional condition. Those few areas that had become compromised due to sheer age were all addressed by Jeff's mods. My unit had a soft start already, I added soft key, filter capacitors, and a new meter board. When you hit the thunder switch (power ON) you dont wonder what old 30 year old part(s) are about to take a hit. I also bought some spare parts from Jeff that were not installed, it is handy to keep a new relay and circuit breaker on hand for the future since he has them. About all I did not get from Jeff was a new front panel and knobs, which are available elsewhere.

KE7OPK Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2010 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Superb Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very happy that I installed the Harbach mods to my SB-200. The original boards are primitive by comparison, and the new components are of the highest quality. Prices are reasonable, considering the forethought which went into engineering these kits. A little hard to reach on the phone, but both my internet orders were filled and shipped immediately. Very honest dealer, won't sell you something you don't need. Instructions were clear and simple. I wish everything sold to the hobby was this straightforward.

W7VO Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2010 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Worked Fine,Last a Long Time  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered up all the goodies (soft-start, PS board, fan, soft-key) for my 1970 vintage SB-200, and everything came right away. The instructions were first rate, and everything worked great when installed. Highly recommended!

KG6YV Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2010 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Great products, excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought the Drake L4B soft-start mod. as well as several other parts for my Linear from Harbach.
I ordered over the web, the products shipped the next day and arrived in my mailbox in CA in three days. Fast, efficient service.
The product was as advertized, easy to install with the excellent instructions. I would not hesitate to buy again from this fine company.

IK5DNE Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2010 12:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service!  Time owned: months
I ordered to Jeff many parts to restoring my Heathkit SB200 linear, all components are perfect for the job and fitted "pin to pin" in original place. Also the hard to find 120v relay working perfect.
Very fast email respond as well fast shipping with honest overseas shipping rate.
A pleasure to deal with.

IK5DNE George