Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Harbach Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Harbach Electronics
Harbach Electronics Reviews: 30 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Great source for amplifier parts and kits
More info: http://www.harbachelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Harbach Electronics.

WA4JKW Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2009 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Transformer and Caps.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Wow, what can I say other than Jeff is a pleasure to deal with. Everything is just as promised and an old Hunter 2000C has a new lease on life. The transformer is beefier than the stock one so should run cooler. Anyone that needs a transformer and can give the proper specs along with measurements and photo's in ordering a new one will love the one they receive. Great and easy guy to deal with, thanks for picking up the rights to Peter Dahl transformers and keeping that part of radios history intact!

KM4TV Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2009 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered and installed several kits and upgrades from Jeff over the years and his service and products are a great value. If you repair or upgrade older amplifiers, check out the neat stuff on the Harbach Electronics website. I have always experienced fast shipment of items purchased, and also good communication during the transaction.

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2009 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Quality delivered quickly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought three modules from Harbach Electronics to upgrade an old SB-220. I bought the FB-220 Filter Capacitor Block, the RM-220 Rectifier/Metering board, and the SK-220 soft-key module. Everything arrived quickly, and the assembly/installation instructions were very good. I installed the modules into the amplifier, and it is very happy now. Recommended.

K1YPB Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2008 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Products Good Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the power supply filter capacitor block and the soft key relay circuit for my 28 year old SB-221. All the materials received were first grade quality. The instructions were well written and very clear. The installation went flawless and the amp worked perfect after the mods. I received the goods very promptly after the order was made. I am totally satisfied with the shopping experience at Harbach. If you need to modify your old amp to keep it on the air, you can do business with this supplier with full confidence.

WB7TXG Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2008 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The emails were quick and I was informed of a slight delay regarding shipment of the cap kit for my SB220... I was not charged until parts were ready to ship! Follow up emails notifying me of shipment status, etc were quick and concise. Excellent kit... Well worth the time and money to get these replacement parts for my SB220.. Don't delay.. order today from Harbach.. Your amp will love you.

W0BM Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2008 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have upgraded several SB-220 amplifiers with kits from Harbach Electronics. The instructions are clear, and the quality is top notch. Jeff has been very helpful and responsive whether it was a question or a return. If you need parts for an older amplifier, Harbach is the place.

KK7YC Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Clipperton L Power Supply Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently lost a second filter capacitor on my old Clipperton L in the last 6 Mos. The first one cost me $250 and about 6 hours of travel time to have repaired. Not sure that I wanted to keep doing this every six months I was thinking of scrapping the boat anchor, I surfed the net found that Harbach offers a complete kit for replacing the entire power supply board for $100. I checked out the instructions and they seemed very thorough so I ordered it. It arrived in about four days it took me about 3 1/2 hours to build the replacement board, remove the old board, and install the new one, fired it up works like a charm. Great product fantastic step by step instructions. Thanks!!! Now I may get a few more years out of this old work horse!

WB7QXU Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2008 20:31 Send this review to a friend
Great replacement Pwr supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a Power Supply kit for my Heathkit SB-200. My old power supply was the original and it was time to replace those old electrolytic caps. Jeff is very quick to ship his kits out. I was very happy. His kit was well made. The new ckt PC board was a well made board. The instructions to replace the power supply was very well written. Easy to follow and makes the replacement fast. He is very quick to answer email's and answers questions promptly. I am so glad he makes these parts. I will need to redue my SB-220 with a new power supply and parasytic modifications later. Jeff helps keep these old work horses alive and well for many years to come. I hope he expands his parts to cover other older amps. Also I hope he can do the same for old power supplies of old tube rig like Drake AC-4 and others.

VK5LB Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2008 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ordered and fitted the SB200 soft start Kit and HT Filter Cap/Diode and Bleed Resistor kit. All components fitted together very easily, PCB very good quality and documentation easy to follow. Old caps fail easily so this kit is highly recommended. Pity they don't do one for the Yaesu FL2100 series.

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2008 21:06 Send this review to a friend
The Source for Amp Parts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to Jeff at Harbach many of the old vintage amps will be around for years to come, replaced my HV caps and diodes plus added step start to my old SB-220 at a reasonable price, should be good for another 35 years!