Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | K0XG Systems - Tower and Antenna Rotation Equipment Help

Reviews Summary for K0XG Systems - Tower and Antenna Rotation Equipment
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: K0XG Systems provides tower and antenna rotation equipment. Parts for rotation systems like rotation rings, boom to tower clamps, orbital rotators, swing gates, etc. All products are built to last.
+++++ Customer Service is excellent and on going.
More info: http://www.k0xg.com/home/

You can write your own review of the K0XG Systems - Tower and Antenna Rotation Equipment.

K4XS Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2015 14:47 Send this review to a friend
GOOD PRODUCT  Time owned: more than 12 months
At my old station that I just sold, I had three K0XG systems. Two for Rohn 65 (200 footers) and one for Rohn 55 (also a 200 footer).
At my new station currently in the planning phase I plan to use the XG system again for a Rohn 55 set up.
Richard runs a small operation and sometimes it can take a while for him to get back to you, but he is always helpful answering questions and giving advice. The product is well made and the galvanizing is equal to that of Rohn.
Yes, the cost of a system is pretty steep, but if you figure in the cost of outboard rotors, the outboard mounting systems and the price of the rotor cable for maybe 5 or 6 antennas side mounted, the price then becomes quite competitive. I have yet to meet an unhappy user of the XG systems.

NJ0F Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2015 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am in the process of putting up a 165ft rotating Rohn 55G tower using K0XG's base and rings. Richard has been extremely helpful and all hardware used in his design is very heavy duty and the the hot dip galvanizing was done to last.
I would recommend dealing with K0XG anytime.
NJ0F

HS0ZIA Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2012 03:03 Send this review to a friend
Heavy duty   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The base was custom-fabricated to supplied drawings and the locally made tower fit onto it perfectly. The unit is very robust - the crane operator tilted the first 15m of tower off vertical, ripping the base bolts out of the concrete but the rotor base was unharmed. I have a 60m 26" tower with 5 big heavy antennas on it and it turns about 1/2 RPM, however I think there is quite a voltage drop in my rural location. I had to reverse two of the cable leads as labeled in order to get the right direction of rotation indication. The readout is very unstable and frequently gets out-of-range error messages. K0XG included 2 spare 10-turn pots so this must not be an unusual issue. IMO a unit of this quality deserves a better heading sensor than the primitive one used. Some of the galvanizing had been sprayed from a can and was peeling off, but they did supply 2 extra spray galvanizing cans for repairs. I found response to customer inquiries poor.

K3CB Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2012 12:50 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm surprised there isn't another review since 2008. I have a K0XG system on my Rohn 55G (see web site at K3CB.com), Its performance has been exceptional. We had no difficulties with installation - system is installed at the 80ft level! I recommend highly Richard's hardware and means of installation.

K3TKJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2008 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent rotating tower hardware  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a 225' rotating Rohn 55 tower. I had the tower, K0KG had the hardware and the knowledge which he freely shared. The hardware is indestructable.... it uses quality components, galvanizing is as good or maybe better than the Rohn tower. I am just glad I did not have t buy it by the pound, the hardware is heavy duty beyond words. I highly recommend you call Richard K0XG for all your tower hardware needs.

K4RV Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2008 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Best and most reliable way to rotate big antennas  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a K0XG rotating tower sytem moving my 180 foot Rohn 55 for 5 years. It works. It lasts. I don't see how anyone could do it better.
I had a problem that was not the fault of the system. When I inadvertantly left the door of the system relay water tight box open, my sprinkler system soaked everything in the relay box every day for a month before I discovered the "problem". The system still worked, but the relays got very rusty. I obtained new relays from K0XG and he guided me through understanding how they should be installed. So they were replaced. This was more than 2 years after the sale. He does provide excellent customer service. He doesn't mind taking the time to explain how the system operates.

I have used Hy-Gain and Yaesu rotators in the past. Although they were designed and used for a lesser magnitude of performance, they were not as reliable as my K0XG Rotating Tower System. It's the energizer bunny of ham antennas movers. It keeps on turning and turning and turning . . . . . when I want it to - even in stiff winds.

When my ship comes in again I'm going back to K0XG Systems.

Tom K4RV