Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Almost All Digital Electronics Digital Frequency Displays Help

Reviews Summary for Almost All Digital Electronics Digital Frequency Displays
Almost All Digital Electronics Digital Frequency Displays Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Various digital frequency displays for adding to homebrew rigs, commercial rigs without digital displays or build your own handheld frequency counter!
More info: http://www.aade.com/dfd.htm

You can write your own review of the Almost All Digital Electronics Digital Frequency Displays.

KB1SIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
great investment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ran the cables directly to the pins of the tubes.Ran the cables to the unit,powered up and had 21st technology in about 30 minutes.My Collins KWM-2 now tunes frequencies to +/- 10 hz.

SCUBA Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2010 07:50 Send this review to a friend
On the Collins KWM-2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Unit works perfectly on the Collins KWM-2. If you use the tube covers, be sure to install the 3 jumpers inside the unit, otherwise it won't work.

I didn't care for running the RCA Jack cables from outside the KWM2 all the way to the tube cover circuit boards, so I installed two female RCA jacks on the back of the KWM2 and ran the cables to the rear of those jacks for the BFO and HFO functions.

There is still room for the K5GNA fan upgrade in the KWM-2, if you loosen the V-11 tube cover sheet metal screw and pivot the circuit board vertical instead of horizontal, the circuit board will fit between V16 and V15 allowing plenty of room for the fans.

I really wanted to do the direct wire to pins 9 of each tube in lieu of the tube covers, but didn't care for doing micro-surgery to the KWM-2.

There's no need to refer to the KWM-2 dial any more.

N9SKN Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2010 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Stood behind the product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Regarding a general purpose programmable DFD2 kit for dual conversion receiver.

- I was notified by Neil promptly after ordering that the kit shipped.
- The kit was received promptly
- The kit was missing several resistors and caps. After notifying Neil, replacements were received just 2 days later.
- My DFD2 would indicate LSB when should have been USB and vice-versa. This was not a defect of the DFD2 - rather the architecture of the RX I installed it in.

Neil then sent me a re-programmed PIC so that the DFD2 displayed sidebands correctly in my RX at NO CHARGE, again received 2 days after notifying him.

AADE's DFD2 product now does what it should and AADE supported me until it did.

W2XC Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2009 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought the DFD2-520 LCD readout for my TS-520S via the AADE web site. WOW - great communications & super fast shipping. The unit brings my TS520S into modern times. Reads out down to 10 Hz. (ie... 3.870.00Mhz) - DEAD accurate too (I checked against my lab equipment)! Automatically reads the ENTIRE frequency (yes even the Mhz.) AND automatically reads out the mode. OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!!

K8WV Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2008 19:06 Send this review to a friend
On a Drake . . .  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used one of these on a Drake R4B for a few years now, and am very satisfied. Good product.

N0CGF Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2008 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned one for over 2 years and use it on my SB-102, and HW-101 Heathkits, and have installed them on other SB and HW series Heathkits. I cannot find any fault with them as if it was sold as a Heathkit for use with the series. I did use the SB-650 installation procedures with minor modification due to loading of the AADE to the HFO, BFO, and VFO. It is sure Great to have frequency readout to use with these rigs to use along with the analog dial. 73's N0CGF Dennis

SV8YM Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2008 04:00 Send this review to a friend
Great value for money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Neil's (AADE) Digital Frequency Displays combine ease of use with excellent quality parts and workmanship. Very well designed, stable and reliable, they provide efficient frequency measurement solutions for very little money.