Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FT-1807M Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-1807M
Yaesu FT-1807M Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $120
Description: 50W Rugged FM Mobile UHF (70cm) FM Transceiver

* 50 Watts Output
* Extended Receive: 400-470 MHz (FT-1807M)
* Keyboard entry of frequencies directly from microphone
* Illuminated front panel keys for night time use
* 221 Memory Channels with Alpha-numeric labelling
* Eight Memory Banks for organizing Memory Channels
* Adjustable Mic Gain, and Wide/Narrow Deviation & Receiver Bandwidth
* Built-in CTCSS and DCS Encoder/Decoder circuits
* CW Trainer: Practice Morse Code between QSOs!
* Security Password to help prevent unauthorized use
* One-touch access to WiRES-II™ Internet Linking System
More info: http://www.vxstd.com/en/products/ama_mobile.html#ft1802m

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-1807M.

VE2TBC Rating: 3/5 Oct 30, 2012 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Ceramic filter failure  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good radio with great audo and large display. The little brother of FT-1802.

Heats up quite a bit even on 5W.

Problem ... ceramic filter failed and expensive repair.

BG2US Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2010 18:08 Send this review to a friend
good transceiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree:

WA6L Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2009 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Find!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After reading the previous reviews, I took the plunge and ordered one of these rigs from Hong Kong. It was an ebay purchase and everything went very smoothly. There were no hassles with customs, and the rig arrived in about two weeks.

For the price, there is a lot of radio here. It has all the features you might want or need. As well as having over 200 channels, the memory "bank" feature is very handy for keeping your memories organized.

I use this rig daily during my one-hour commute to and from work. Running at high output (50 watts) it does get quite warm. I try to run it at lower power settings whenever I can and there has been no problems with the heat so far.

Don't let the Hong-Kong connection scare you. For a very reasonable price you get a full-featured, reliable, and high-power UHF mobile that you won't find anywhere else.

John, WA6L

VK3GV Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2009 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great radio. It exceeds my expectations for a 50 watt mobile. Does get a bit warm but a small fan at the back does the trick or shorter overs help too HI.
Have had one for 1 year now and am v/pleased with it. Very available in Australia 144 to 148 FM.
Exactly the same to look at as the 1802.

2E0JTP Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2008 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Full featured 70cm FM Transceiver  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I spotted this radio advertised on a Hong Kong Amateur Radio retailers website. It's a Yaesu mobile model that isn't available from retailers in the UK (I guess 70cm just isn't popular enough any more for them to import them).

It's absolutely identical to the 2m Yaesu FT-1802M model that is a very popular 2m mobile transceiver in the UK. I particularly like the lack of fan (the actual case is one massive aluminium heat sink to compensate). I know some people don't like transceivers without a built in fan, but I'm a long time user of the Yaesu FT-1500M 2m radio, another fan less transceiver which has given me trouble free mobile use.

This radio has been in operation in my shack for about six months now and has given faultless service as a 70cm simplex/repeater "rag chew" rig. Function wise, it's absolutely identical to the FT-1802M 2m transceiver. As mentioned, it's a 'fan less' model, so it's very quiet in operation. As a general rule, I've not needed to operate the radio at anything above 20W for any extended period, so I've not experienced any heat related problems, perhaps if I had run it at 50W for extended periods I would have.

If you are after a dedicated 70cm FM transceiver, this one is highly recommended.