Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | MFJ - 249 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ - 249
MFJ - 249 Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $269.95
Description: Older type with the meter, covers 1.8 thru 170 Mhz
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ - 249.

K2OWK Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2012 15:15 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT ANALYZER FOR THE PRICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this analyzer off EBay for a good price. It is a great piece of test equipment and works as described. The only minor negative is the poorly made battery holder case, but this is so minor it does not detract from the units operation. I would recommend this analyzer to anyone who needs a portable antenna analyzer.

KB0XR Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2009 05:52 Send this review to a friend
Nice accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine used a few years ago. Works just fine for my modest needs. Battery replacement is a hassle so I just run it off a wall wart when I infrequently use it.

N8CMQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2009 22:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Analyzer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine used several years ago for $100.00.
I use my 249 quite often as an avionics tech, and as a ham. It has been very rugged and reliable, but I have had to replace the push buttons for the frequency counter and the batteries, also, the sockets have needed cleaning. Otherwise, it does the job, and it is much quicker and easier than a Bird wattmeter and handheld!
If you work on antennas and transmission lines, this is a great unit to own!

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2008 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Works and works VERY well!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine used from a CB shop a few years ago for $50.00. The unit appeared to have been only used once in a while to tune, you guessed it, CB antennas! But i use it inline to pretune my antenna tuner via a 2 position switch. In this set up it works SLICK! I dont have to worry about causing QRM on the bands. A lot of hams that visit my shack are amazed at how slick my set up is with the analyser used to pretune my tuner. I also use it when i am building antennas and use it to tune mobile setups for other hams. I have used my 249 so much that the push button switch is getting bad. One thing i have noticed is on 160 meters it doesnt seem to work right. It will show a 1.1-1 swr but using my built in swr meter on my Palstar AT1KM it will show a 2.5-1. But aside from that overall im pretty happy with my $50.00 purchase, and i have more than gotten my $$$ worth out of it!!! Kudos to MFJ for making such a great device!!!

K6USI Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2008 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Its a keeper  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought mine on ebay with the 12 V PS a short time back, Its the older model covers 1.8 thru 170 Mhz with the digital readout and the SWR meter it works great it does everything its suppost to do. If you find one at a swap meet, and it is in good condition. grab it. I would buy mine over again...73's