Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | American Morse Equipment KK2 Help

Reviews Summary for American Morse Equipment KK2
American Morse Equipment KK2 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$65
Description: Iambic Paddle Kit
More info: http://www.americanmorse.com/kk2.htm

You can write your own review of the American Morse Equipment KK2.

W8MIS Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2008 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Real Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was searching for a small CW key and found this site. I ordered the KK2. Arrived quickly and well packed. Very nice workmanship. Emails were answered very quickly and assembly went smooth. It looks and works as good as my chrome Vibroplex. I use on my Icom 703 and footprint is small. On this model the base is very heavy and does not move at all.

N9SKN Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2008 21:22 Send this review to a friend
Solid and Durable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Solid and Durable

Recently picked one up - strickly for trying out portable operation for the first time.

I wanted somthing reasonably priced that could maybe get wet or banged up a bit and not have to worry about the thing still working.

I preferred to not 'strap' a paddle on, or hold it with the other hand as seems to be acceptable, if not popular for portable paddles. So went with the KK2.

Upon inspection of my kit I was surprised to see that the small brass levers are milled out underneath (Probably for mass reduction).

One of the brass contact posts in my kit had some bad internal threads and it would not allow the terminal screw to tighten. A few days after an email to Doug and I had the replacement brass post here no problem.
After using it on air for an afternoon, I have to say the KK2 definately stays put on the table.

Summary:
Durable and simple design to minimize and survive 'travel wear'
Does not move on the table
Reasonable price
Fun to assemble and make it how you want it to be

I am just a casual operator, and I know these are portable paddles, but the vertical play at fingerpieces from the lever pivot bothered me. I found sanding down 2 aluminum washers and installing them at the pivots substantially reduced the vertical movement.

K7VBY Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2008 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Good for portable use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The KK2 arrived recently in a bubble wrap package from San Luis Machine Company. The instructions have to be printed from a file on the American Morse website. There is a little prep before assembly which includes removing a few sharp edges on the base. If you want to paint the base there are precautions to follow. I left it as delivered, but it would look better if painted. The finished product is easy to adjust with the tiny set screws and Allen wrench. A cable and plug are not included. I used a cable I had from another paddle. The design is rugged and good for portable use.