Reviews Categories | Receive Accessories | Radio Plus Quantum Phaser Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Plus Quantum Phaser
Radio Plus Quantum Phaser Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $135
Description: The Quantum Phaser is a broad-band phasing unit that combines the signals from two antennas to create a steerable null. It is optimized for use in the 530-2000 kHz frequency range. When used with a Quantum Loop and an external antenna, a cardioid receiving pattern can be achieved. Ergonomically designed, it also functions as an antenna switch.
More info: http://www.dxtools.com

You can write your own review of the Radio Plus Quantum Phaser.

KC0EKQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2016 23:17 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE to my previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wish there was a 6 in the rating.

Or 100.

After using this unit just about every day and night for a long time now, even traveling with it and some BOG-style portable antennas, I have to say this little thing is just exactly the best phasing unit I have ever used, by multiples.

It is durable, well-built and reliable, only sips the 9V battery, and does what it is supposed to do more quickly and completely than its nearest competitor unit, the NCC-1... and for 1/3rd the cost!

I know it is redundant for me to say it, but this is just the very best phasing unit I've ever used, and I've used all of the commercially available models (see my previous review). By a real, meaningful margin, this is the one to get.

Thank you Gerry Thomas for such a great product.

N1LF Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2014 22:59 Send this review to a friend
Best for Top Band & MW BCB  Time owned: more than 12 months
Being a longtime fan of Top Band and AM Broadcast Band DXing (check the callsign) I've tried almost everything imaginable to put new ones in the log.

This includes owning four phasers, including the DX Engineering NCC-1, Timewave ANC-4, MFJ 1026, and the "keeper" the Radio Plus Quantum Phaser.

First of all, it's built with lab quality parts and designed by a MW DX'er. It's the easiest to use, and provides outstanding dynamic range.

If you're serious about MW DXing or just want to eliminate some local noise, grab a pair of identical antennas (active whips are perfect) and phase them against each other using this box. Deep steerable nulls will reveal new stations beneath local pests like magic.

K0RWM Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2013 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Gerry,

I received the Quantum Phaser in good shape. It is perfect! Works smoother, faster, compared to the MFJ 1026. It fact the MFJ is a no comparison in the the AM broadcast band. The MFJ is good 160 and up, but with the components and knob sizes MFJ used, not as fast. I checked to see if it your changes would null WWV at 5 mHz , it did. Thank you for detailing the method to make it standard.
500kHz to 5 mHz is perfect for me.

The pots have the really great lab grade professional feel to them. They are very quiet. You are using some high end stuff. The fact one can hear weak signals on 160 after a fast tune of the phaser is just awesome.

I like the way you thought about the A AB and B antenna switch. It makes it fast to compare and balance the two antenna levels.

I really like the workmanship and design. The slanted panel, the larger knobs, controls that are smooth like a lab instrument feel, makes me happy. It WORKS!

I used Radioplus 9 to 1 Unun and 90 ft of wire as Antenna A and half my 135 ft dipole as Antenna B. Lots of signal, great phasing results, and enjoyment.

AAAAA+ and two thumbs up!

Dave