Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | W2ENY Amplifier Interface cable Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY Amplifier Interface cable
W2ENY Amplifier Interface cable Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $22 (incl/shipping)
Description: ALC and T/R switching for your amplifier. Supports 7 pin Remote jack on models TS-120, 130, 180, 430, 440, 450, 570, 690, 930, 940, 950, 2000 and more.
More info: http://members.fortunecity.com/w2eny/

You can write your own review of the W2ENY Amplifier Interface cable.

W7TUS Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Good materials and workmanship with quick service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent an email to Bob on a Monday and gave him the specifics for a cable for my Icom IC-PW1. The cable provides 13.8V to the amp so the the bypass is on without having the entire amp powered. Nice feature. Anyway, the cable arrive from almost all the way across the country in AZ on Thursday of the same week and worked like a charm. The cable was very high quality as was the workmanship. Great service!

K1HBX Rating: 1/5 Mar 30, 2011 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Poor Performance for Icom IC-7000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the ICOM Amplifier Interface where the ad made claims such a device would work between the SB220 Amplifier and the ICOM IC7000, etc. Perhaps the interface may work on other transceivers but it fails on my IC-7000 transceiver. I hooked up the cable between my IC7000 and my SB220 and it keyed it one time and quit. Removed the cable from the IC700 and the transceiver stayed in the PTT
Position. It took out Q1102 transistor on the DDS unit of the Icom radio. If your SB220 did not have the soft-start modification done, I feel from my experience, that the W2ENY cable is not a safe cable to use on the IC-7000 transceiver. My total cost for repairs was about $120.00. Inside the interface cable is a diode and a EA212NJ relay all gluded into the shell of the 13 Pin Din.
Earl in Florida

KC9CUK Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 17:12 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered one from Bob it had a small issue and he sent me out a replacement cable asap no questions asked. The new cable works great good build quality. He even upgraded the shipping free of charge what else can you ask for A+++++ in my book! I also bought one of his headsets and it getts better audio reports then my heil pro headset and heil single ear travaler on my ts-2000 ts-790a and tm-v71a radios.

KC9CUK

VE1VOX Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2008 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Quick & Reasonable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the price I couldn't have made this cable, and having it delivered to my door in rural NS it was the way to go. The relay appears to be well shielded from the plug so I don't anticipate any problems. The IC 7000 and the Amp Supply LA 1000 work great.

K3CN Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2008 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Fine interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered this interface for my ICOM Pro II from Bob and received it in 2 days. Now that is service. It works fine with my Ten-Tec amp with no problems.

Highly recommend dealing with W2ENY!!

N4KC Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2008 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Worth the $$$ and short wait  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yes, I could probably have eventually soldered the tiny, little DIN plug onto the itty bitty wires of an existing shielded audio cable with RCA plugs already on the other end. But with my fumbly fingers, marginal eyesight, and probably-too-big soldering iron, I could also have made a mess of it. I could barely make out the pin numbers on the plug that was supplied with the rig without a magnifying glass.

W2ENY has these things priced at $22 and that includes shipping. I ordered it and it was in my mailbox two days later. It appears to be well made and worked the first time between my TS-2000 and an Ameritron 811 amp. The ALC and relay plugs are labeled and different colors, too. It was worth the money and the short wait and I don't have burned fingers and an assortment of melted DIN plugs to show for my efforts.

Don N4KC