Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | TeT Emtron TE-511 Help

Reviews Summary for TeT Emtron TE-511
TeT Emtron TE-511 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $369 aust
Description: 5 element dual-drive 10-11m mono band beam
More info: http://www.tet-emtron.com/

You can write your own review of the TeT Emtron TE-511.

VK2FTNY Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2008 01:37 Send this review to a friend
Handles my wildlife  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must admit in 10yrs of radio this is my first foray into Hf directional antennas.The reason its taken me awhile is the fact that living in rural NSW Australia my antennas are subject to the rigors of the Australian wildlife. Cuckatoos,Magpies and Galahs frequently check on the condition of my coax and antenna system and give it the once over.At times ive seen in excess of 30 birds from one end of the boom to the other and including using the elements as springboards.But to date the TET emtron TE-511 has been up for over 2yrs and the only sign of fatige is an ever so slight bend in the boom.Im planning to re-erect the antenna on a 50ft tower in the next few weeks so that will be recified by means of a support rope from one end of the boom to the other.As for the spring board elements they have servived fine,Considering it took me almost 10yrs to pluck the courage to install a decent size 10m beam,If id seen the TET emtron earlier id have installed a beam much sooner.For the price this antenna is very well built and easy to assemble with the supplied instructions.As for antenna performance, I will leave that up to the so-called experts but it always seems to be a good couple of s points better than my Imax 2000 vertical over the long haul.