Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | BHI NEDSP-1062 Help

Reviews Summary for BHI NEDSP-1062
Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $159.99
Description: Amplified DSP Noise Canceller
More info: http://www.bhinstrumentation.co.uk

You can write your own review of the BHI NEDSP-1062.

KK6YO Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2015 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Yaesu FT-101E and those of you who own one of these beauties know that it lacks in any kind of noise filtering. I purchased the W4RT NEDSP-1062 DSP kit and quickly installed it on my factory Yaesu external speaker system. Basically cut the speaker wire in half, put the W4RT NEDSP-1062 in line between the radio and external speaker, add 12 volts and you are experiencing modern DSP filtration. I would highly recommend this product and normally don't write reviews but I felt that this product deserves it. The W4RT NEDSP-1062 comes with easy instructions and there are 3 adjustments on the PC board that you can adjust levels and the volume of the piezo which lets you know by a series of beeps which filtering mode you are in (there are 8) I usually keep the filtering at 5. Hope this helps as I am extremely happy on how this DSP filtering system works. Good Luck - 73 - KK6YO see you on 40 meters @ 7.155 in the mornings

NY4D Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2012 04:09 Send this review to a friend
Helps a lot  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed this in a Kenwood SP-930 speaker. At first I had limited freq response and lots of talkback in the unit while transmitting. Solved this by using a wall wart from the junk box instead of the supplied power cable, as per the BHI website.

On SSB this unit can make the difference between copy and no copy on signals at the noise level. At least as good on noise reduction as any unit I've tried and way better than most rigs with internal audio dsp.

I run it at the 4 or 5 level most of the time. The beat cancel is not robust, but it does reduce the level of heterodynes significantly. I can't downgrade my rating for this as this info is clearly available pre-purchase.

ZL1SW Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 20:59 Send this review to a friend
very very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
hi all,i just installed this kit into my IC-SP3 boy what a defrence it made, it is unbelivable ,very ezy to install,well worth the bucks,i will never sell my speaker, recomend this unit to all :) cheers tony

KC8HXO Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent addition to my Yaesu SP-102 Speaker. Easy to install, and makes a good band great, and a rough band, with lots of QRN much more bearable. I am running the audio from the rig into a QF-1A filter from Autek, and THEN into the DSP in the speaker..... OUTSTANDING control. Try it.....even with your new rig. Works for me.

DL1ELU Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 03:35 Send this review to a friend
Great for noisy ssb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Did myself a xmas present and put the bhi module into the Icom SP3 speaker. Installation went smooth and looks professional with the labels attached. I can only second former reviews, good noise reduction with little change of ssb voices, excellent steady-tone reduction with around .5 sec delay, and works on cw as well. Have not used with fm yet. I tried a few reduction levels with different signals and now stay with level 5 all the time. Great addition to the rig and better than the built-in noise reduction in my IC-7000.

K8TN Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2010 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Simple and it Works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the 1062 into my Icom SP-20, and I was actually suprised how well it works. I had been using a Timewave 59+ that's worked well, but it gave up the ghost a couple weeks ago.
I documented the install, pics and instructions, for anyone interested. email me, K8TN@bellsouth.net

KC3Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2009 21:54 Send this review to a friend
There is no substitute for good engineering. This unit has it.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I also installed one of these units in a Kenwood SP-230 speaker. It sounds as good as the BHI website demo. Find the website and listen for yourself. I'll be putting one in a smaller mobile speaker if they are still available otherwise I'll purchase a BHI speaker with their DSP technology. KC3Z

WA2UEH Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2008 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I saw an A-B comparison of the BHI DSP with another one at Dayton 2008. The BHI was far superior. I immediately went and bought one and am thinking of buying another.

W4RCY Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2008 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this with IC-765. When the input volume is adjusted properly the only thing I hear is the operators Voice. The rest is removed. A much better experience than the Ten Ten VI+ or the IC-746 dsp. This truly does a great job on QRM. Easy to connect and adjust. A fantastic buy!

ZL3AG Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2008 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Wow+++++++++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed one of these units in my Kenwood SP230 speaker box. It is absolutely amazing at reducing noise on speech signals. It truley makes an unreadable signal readable!
I thought that the DSP in my IC746 was very good, but it is swept aside by this unit.
Every shack should have one of these.
It turns HF SSB listening to almost FM quality.
This unit is 6 out of 5!!!!