Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4322 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4322
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: 12VDC 20A power supply

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4322.

W9PMZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2008 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Good Unit / Easy Repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had this power supply turned on for 6 months with no problems. Powered my HF transceiver with no issues.

Then came the electrical storm from @@@@. According to the local TV station there were 22,000 strokes in a 5 hour period. My house took a real close hit. The only item that was damaged in the power surge was the MFJ 4322 Power Supply. Smoke was rolling out the unit. Everything else in the shack was OK despite the surge event.

Next day I disassembled the unit and the 4 diodes bridge for the LM732 had all crispy crittered. Also one trace between the diodes in the bridge was missing.

Purchased another LM723, junk box diodes and a 14 pin dip socket and the unit is up and running with no issues.

One comment on LM723s. These seem to be suceptable to surge problems. This has happend in an Astron that I have and now this power supply. When it blows install a socket for the next time.
W4FCC Rating: 2/5 May 7, 2008 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Don't bother  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered an MFJ-4322 from MFJ in March of '07 to power a new Icom 718. It -worked- but the cabinet was bent (not damaged in shipping) and would rock back and forth on the desk. Back it went to MFJ, and it took a few weeks and several phone calls to get a warranty replacement. The replacement finally arrived, and the 12V lighter socket didn't work. Not an issue worth being without a power supply for several weeks again so I let it ride.

Yesterday the power supply died. It's only been in intermittent use the last year, and is now 2 months out of warranty. Given the cost of shipping, it's not worth shipping back to MFJ for repair. I may take the time to troublehoot it and get some parts, but the bottom line is I have a nearly new MFJ-4322 and now I have to go buy something else.

Save your hundred bucks, buy an Astron or something.