Reviews Categories | Microphones | ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100
ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: Remote control microphone supplied with and for exclusive use with IC-7000 & 7100
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100.

K5JZ Rating: 0/5 May 9, 2008 03:47 Send this review to a friend
Junk before AB5N mod  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am truly happy you were able to get yours to work to your satisfaction! Rumor had it that Icom had repaired this flaw in the 7000 but as of March this year, tests conducted by AB5N (on YouTube) show that Icom had not changed anything in production units. He also uses test equipment to show exactly what is wrong with this stock mic.

My HM-151 was a piece of junk... rig sounded horrible on 146 and 440... thin and very low average power output on HF SSB. I almost sold the 7000 due to this defect. AB5N did his mod and returned the mic... 3 days total time... and now the 7000 plays like a champ and I get outstanding and unsolicited audio reports. I used to get audio reports of "what's wrong with the rig"?

George K5JZ

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2008 19:09 Send this review to a friend
I Echo These Comments  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchassed my IC 7000 at the 2007 Dayton Hamvention. When I first examined the mic, it looked more like an extra cost accessory, given all the remote control functions, back lighting, etc. Yes, it is a bit light weight, however... HF on air tests produced great reports. Yes, I had to adjust mic gain and compression but isn't that what controls are there for? I used the radio/mic combination briefly on FM and received positive reports on several repeaters. One guy on our Thursday night 2 meter (when I run a TS-2000) FM net uses the '7000 with the stock mic and sounds like everyone else on the net, great.

I don't understand the need for the popular aftermarket modification. I've read the testimonials and have seen the video on YouTube. If it works, don't fix it.

K8DXX

WA3CCI Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2008 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Works exactly as advertised  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This mike does the job it was designed for. Many over the air unsolicited comments confirm this. Like any other mike/radio combination it remains for the operator to adjust the mic gain for the enviorment & operating conditions it is used in.